Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV to Offer Local Channels in 16 New Markets in HD

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   jcc

jcc

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

They told me the same thing yesterday but I convinced them to change my grandfathered package without locals to the smae grandfathered package with locals and they came on fine with no problems. You might give it a shot.

Mine were finally turned on today after
another call. They were supposed to be
turned on yesterday but any rate finally they're on.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   xceebeex

xceebeex

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

Is there an updated list of any additonal markets that may have been added since these 8 listed here? I am wondering if Binghamton, NY may have been added by any chance.

#203 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

Is there an updated list of any additonal markets that may have been added since these 8 listed here? I am wondering if Binghamton, NY may have been added by any chance.

I haven't seen anything on Binghamton, NY yet, but 8 more markets will be getting DNS feeds on 6/30. :)
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#204 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

I haven't seen anything on Binghamton, NY yet, but 8 more markets will be getting DNS feeds on 6/30. :)

Which 8?

#205 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Which 8?

http://www.dbstalk.c...087&postcount=1 :)
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#206 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,817 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

My DMA is now listed as October 2010. (Salisbury, MD) We are a short market. Where/what is the uplink reports for the markets generated. Other than this board, how can I find an uplink report for the Salisbury, MD DMA, when it becomes available?

I would suggest following these threads:

DIRECTV Transponder Map: New Data 6/30/2010

Every so often, the thread is closed and a new one is opened.

Salisbury, MD is not currently uplinked... at least not as of June 30th.

~Alan

#207 OFFLINE   mblausa

mblausa

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

I called and got my locals turned on today for Lake Charles DMA and they are replacing my 2 R10's and 1 D10 with 2 HD DVR's and one HD for $0.00

My account lists swap replace HR20 and swap replace Directv HD rec
Has anyone else had receivers replaced for MPG4 only locals and seen this

I received 2 HR20-700's and 1 H20-100 without bbc's today CS says they cannot send bbc's until the receivers are activated

I now get all the network feeds in HD in the 390 channel range plus the previously listed channels in the 60's range

So, if I call and ask for locals in the Lake Charles DMA, I will be able to receive ABC NY and CBS NY?

#208 OFFLINE   thelucky1

thelucky1

Icon

• Registered
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

Does anyone know if the Sept. LILs are still on schedule to be launched in Sept?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...