Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DECA with HR20-700

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

I decided to try a diff receiver on this line even though the installer said he switched them at the dish. I hooked up my HR21 to the same line the HR20 was on and what do you know, the HR21 would not find a signal. Also checking the sat signal on the bedroom HR (where the coax looks corroded in my picture, I am only getting 60-high 70 signal strength but high 90's everywhere else. It is a line issue so even though he said he traced it and it was ok, it is not. They come back out today so maybe they will get it right now that we found the problem for them.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

I decided to try a diff receiver on this line even though the installer said he switched them at the dish. I hooked up my HR21 to the same line the HR20 was on and what do you know, the HR21 would not find a signal. Also checking the sat signal on the bedroom HR (where the coax looks corroded in my picture, I am only getting 60-high 70 signal strength but high 90's everywhere else. It is a line issue so even though he said he traced it and it was ok, it is not. They come back out today so maybe they will get it right now that we found the problem for them.

I'm glad you took the time to find out what the problem really is.
I've seen worse installs, but as noted by me & Robert, there are a few things that should be cleaned up and some connectors replaced. "I'd bet" there are a few more connectors that we didn't see that need to be also.
A.K.A VOS

#43 OFFLINE   mikeny

mikeny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

That was smart. I'm sure they'll fix they'll line for you.
SL3 SWM, 3 HR24-500s, H25-500, DECA

#44 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

Occam's Razor strikes again! :lol:

#45 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

Well after about 5 hours the techs finally got things working. They replaced the HR20-700 with a HR24-500 yippiee, but were having trouble getting the signal strength on all 5 receivers in the 90's. 3 would be in the high 90's and 2 would be in the low 70's to high 60's. I will take pictures of the setup tomorrow, it is to dark to do it tonight but it had something to do with how they were running the power supply. Anyway I got a HR24 out of the deal and man is it fast. I want 3 more lol. I also want to add the techs did a great job getting it right. This DECA is new so I am sure they will run into snags along the way. I hope I get these type every time I need one.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...