Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pentagon Channel coming to Directv?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   YankeeFAN12072

YankeeFAN12072

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

I was checking out the Pentagon channel website and found an article dated April 28th 2010 saying that Directv picked up the Pentagon channel. Has anyone heard anything about the channel being added? Im new to dbstalk so Im unable to post the url.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk! I haven't heard of this, but it doesn't mean it's untrue.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   dduensing

dduensing

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

I was checking out the Pentagon channel website and found an article dated April 28th 2010 saying that Directv picked up the Pentagon channel.

I've just looked at the website, the media center articles are dated May 11th, 2010 (Umobile access), and April 12th, 2010 (Comcast-Richmond VA access)... nothing on April 28 or DirecTV.

#4 OFFLINE   YankeeFAN12072

YankeeFAN12072

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

o sorry it was not on their website it came up when searching the channel on google. This is what is in the article regarding Directv: The Pentagon Channel, which is funded by Congress, is in its sixth year. DirecTV recently picked it up, doubling its potential viewership to 36 million households, said Jim Langdon, director of programming and operations.

#5 OFFLINE   YankeeFAN12072

YankeeFAN12072

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

If you type in the google toolbar The Pentagon Channel plans 10-parter Directv is brought up of picking up this channel.

#6 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

Here ya go....

http://www.thelighth...parter/?print=1

The Pentagon Channel, which is funded by Congress, is in its sixth year. DirecTV recently picked it up, doubling its potential viewership to 36 million households, said Jim Langdon, director of programming and operations.

It is after all a news report so... grain of salt...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...