Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Known Dish 6000 Bugs and Tips

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   Bobby94928

Bobby94928

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 11:35 PM

It's NOT because of memory....

The 6000 has an OTA tuner built in. (yes, its optional) so you get your locals on the 'lower" numbers if you use the tuner.

It will be the same on the 811 & 921 - satellite locals in the 8000's, OTA on actual number.

When I inquired with DishNetwork some time back, that is what they told me.

OTA channels from the 8VSB module all begin with "0" such as 007-0 for Analog 7 and 007-1 for Digital 7. They could still channel map channel 7 for satellite 7 if there wasn't a problem, like memory. There has to be a way to differentiate satellite from OTA, maybe that's the way they are doing it.
Bobby C

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   Foxbat

Foxbat

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

I know this thread has been around for a long time, but here's one "feature" I found years ago on the 6000 that has never been fixed:

Using the remote, power off your 6000
Press the "Sys Info" button. You should see your 6000's System Information screen.
Now, press the "SD/HD" button twice.

You should now see whatever channel you were previously watching, but with no LEDs lit on the 6000. Home Theater mode! The 6000 responds to all your remote control inputs like it was on.

#78 OFFLINE   Moonstone

Moonstone

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:12 AM

If you'd like to replace the fan. You can get a 40mm x 10mm quiet fan, but any tampering with the fan will void any warrenty coverage that you may have.

Quote Off

There are a lot of fans available on that page with different kinds of connectors. There's also another page on this site for "quiet fans". Can anyone please help me out with exactly the best fan to use from this source? I need quiet! Help me out.

Karla

#79 OFFLINE   Cyclone

Cyclone

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:49 AM

I have updated the list to include a new issues that has appeared this month. The model 6000 acts up on HD channels if you haven't upgraded to the Yellow Smart Card.

I also didn't see Foxbat's posted trick. I'll confirm this when I get home and added to the list. Home Theater mode, cool.
I'm an angry gumball
Known Dish 6000 Tips and Tricks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...