Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DECA install finished: No Internet

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Not the Fist of Goodness

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

No the HR20-700 doesn't have one. My HR20-100 was replaced with an HR24.

Maybe I'll order one from Solid signal or something like that.

I had multiple runs to 3 DVR spots but I believe only 1 line is connected from each of those spots now. I figured they had 4 lines connected at the splitter plus the one for the router. I don't know what they did with other ports on the splitter. I'll try to look in the daylight.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

One thing you could try is a complete power down. First unplug power from all of your receivers, then the DECA PI, and finally the SWiM PI.

Power up the SWM PI and then the DECA PI and see if you get green lights. If you do get green lights, power the receivers up one by one to see if any of them are causing the problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mikeny

mikeny

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

I think it's working now!!

I changed switched to the other line in the double line that was run. 1 was for an old powered multiswitch. The other was supposed to be the active line to the SWM splitter. I thought we had switched back and forth previously but maybe not everything was inserted properly.

I have green lights, passed the internet test on 1 DVR but curiously my on demand shows that I added to the queue still appear as paused. Previously with the orange lights it had failed saying that it couldn't access the internet.

Maybe I'll try a menu reset.

Thanks again for all the help.
SL3 SWM, 3 HR24-500s, H25-500, DECA

#23 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Not the Fist of Goodness

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

I changed switched to the other line in the double line that was run. 1 was for an old powered multiswitch. The other was supposed to be the active line to the SWM splitter. I thought we had switched back and forth previously but maybe not everything was inserted properly.

I have green lights, passed the internet test on 1 DVR but curiously my on demand shows that I added to the queue still appear as paused. Previously with the orange lights it had failed saying that it couldn't access the internet.

Maybe I'll try a menu reset.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cool. Now maybe the Yankees will come back and beat the Rays.

#24 OFFLINE   mikeny

mikeny

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Cool. Now maybe the Yankees will come back and beat the Rays.

Right on.:)

DOD is working. I don't know if the reboot on that unit made a difference or not. I'm downloading a couple Ben 10 Alien Force episodes for my son on 2 different DVRs which is working. He lost a bunch giving up his R15 today and will be pleased to hear this.

I also reset my router to factory defaults by accidently reinerting the dc input into the 'reset' area.:blush: What ever happened to 'hold it for 5 seconds'? I had to do my whole config again. I'll do the port forwarding page another time.

I am glad everything is working.
SL3 SWM, 3 HR24-500s, H25-500, DECA

#25 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Don't Techs have training in basic continuity testing? Jeesh :rolleyes:

Anyway, glad it's working.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#26 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

For future reference, the orange light on the DECA indicates it has a network connection, but a MUCH degraded level.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#27 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,414 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

For future reference, the orange light on the DECA indicates it has a network connection, but a MUCH degraded level.

LED not lit = bad
LED yellow = not right but somewhat working
LED green = Good
A.K.A VOS

#28 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,434 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

I get Internet Not Connected (13). DECA lights are all green. Router is D-Link DIR-655.

Has anyone with a DIR-655 gotten their DECA Internet to work?

Drew
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR:HR34-7, Dn:HR24-1, MB:HR24-5, Bm:HR21-2, Kt:H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV '00

spam firewall