Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Suggestions welcome on my pending upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   edmartin

edmartin

Legend

• Registered
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

I'd like advice as my DECA/Swim install is pending.

I have 1 HR22 and 2 HR20's. I have been using the MRV beta as all 3 DVR's are connected (wired connection) to my LAN. It been working fine. But as the beta is ending, I want to sign up for the official Connected Home service.

I am scheduled for a June 2 upgrade install for DECA/Swim. I currently have 2 coax to each DVR and as above, Ethernet into each DVR. My original install was done in 2006.

If I were to start from scratch, I would probably go with an HR24 as my "main" and then 2 H24's as my feeders. But since I own (lease) the HD DVR's I don't feel like paying to replace them.

Am I missing anything? Am I stupid to think it's worth paying $99 to go the DECA/Swim route instead of staying with my current Ethernet setup? Since I am out of contract, should Directv be willing to done more for me (like waive the $99 DECA hardware fee or upgrade my DVR?). They did waive the $49 install fee.
HR22-100

HR20-700 (x2)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

I upgraded to DECA and feel it is well worth the upgrade. Upgrading to SWM too makes it well worth it, IMO.

You can probably get DIRECTV to sell you an HR2x for $99. If you have the installer bring it, chances are it will be an HR24. If it isn't you can refuse it.

spam firewall