Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV - How many of you stayed on regular Ethernet, and how many of you went to DECA???

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you on regular Ethernet or on DECA??? (392 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you on regular Ethernet or on DECA???

1. Yes I stayed on Ethernet, am planning to stay on Ethernet, or am trying to stay on Ethernet (problems getting it done) (248 votes [63.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.27%

2. Voted No, I upgraded to DECA, plan on upgrading to DECA, or am waiting for installation of DECA to be completed (appointment scheduled) (121 votes [30.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.87%

3. OTHER (23 votes [5.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,098 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

I didn't think $149 was too bad for a new HR24, SWiM 16 and Deca modules. . .

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,889 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

Stayed on the Ethernet for now. Will change to DECA when a service exists (that I desire) and it is not operable on standard networking.

AND

Currently the DECA technology and SWM16 don't seem to be an ideal fit yet for a stretched out residence with 15 tuners in use such as mine.

I also would expect the LAN switching going forward to better support the standards that the DECA touts as there are so many home media streaming devices in use now outside the proprietary DTV stack.

All that being said, if I had 8 tuners or less, didn't have a built in CAT5e hardwired network, and it was a normal sized structure I'd have gone the DECA route but I don't so I didn't.

Don "happy as a pig in slop with what I have at the present" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...