Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switched to Paid MRV.My recordings are all failing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Flyboyscs

Flyboyscs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Yesterday I went through the whole process of switching from the Beta to paid MRV. I have it set up as unsupported as I have had zero problems with MRV over my ethernet network since day one. Well that has all changed. I have 4 DVRs and most wind up recording the same shows but I have never even had a failed recording. Tonight a lot of my recordings are going right to the "would you like to delete this recording window as soon as I hit play. If I try and watch a show recorded from another room I am getting "playback failed No audio/video data packets received from server." but this is of course because there is no show there.

I am really not sure what is going on here. I really don't know but it seems like the recordings aren't getting the right signal from the dish? I have a SWM-8 which I installed myself a year and a half ago does directv need to know about this when they turned on "unsupported mode"? It's not a coincidence for sure that this started happening right after I had MRV officially turned on.

The wife is kinda pissed at me any thoughts?
1 HR20-700
3 HR20-100
1 H20-600
Swm-8
SlimLine Dish

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

Do a system cold start. Unplug all receivers and dvrs, unplug the swm power inserter. Reboot the router. Wait 5 minutes, plug in the SWM, then boot up one receiver/dvr at a time. See if that fixes it.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   Flyboyscs

Flyboyscs

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

I'll give it a try.
1 HR20-700
3 HR20-100
1 H20-600
Swm-8
SlimLine Dish

#4 OFFLINE   Rakul

Rakul

Slacker

• Registered
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

I had that happen to me a before when I was transfering a few TB of files over the network, just waiting cured my issue.
All on SWMLine:
HR22-100 > HDMI > Samsung 4665 LCD [Networked]
HR20-100S > HDMI > Samsung 4665 LCD [Networked]
HR20-700 > HDMI > Insignia NS-LCD26-09 LCD [Networked]
HR21-100 > HDMI > Samsung 26B360 LCD [Networked]
Full Setup

#5 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

While it seems strange timing, recordings going directly to keep/delete are usually because the signal isn't getting to the DVR properly. Any component from the LNB to the tuner in the DVR could be at fault.

If I understand correctly, these recordings don't play locally. While the timing is suspicious, it seems unlikely that activating MRV, rather than having it on Beta, would affect local recording of a show.
DogLover

My Setup

spam firewall