Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Questions on Whole House DVR upgrade

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

Mine is blue. :confused:

And I bet you actually use yours! :D

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

And I bet you actually use yours! :D

"Used" might be more accurate. Once the receiver is up and running the SAT signal screen will give a better idea of 9 SWiM levels than the LEDs on the meter.
This meter is most useful if coax is being reused and may have cable rated splitters behind walls/craw spaces, etc. It is basically a "go/no go" status.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   kymikes

kymikes

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 658 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

Well, my prep worked. The installer showed up on time at 8:30AM and was done with all the hardware install and unit reboots by 9:20AM. It then took D* about 40 minutes to get the authorization to take within their system but the installer stayed on them until all units showed authorized. The install was exactly like I anticipated and all was done by 10AM with half that time being phone time to complete the authorization.

Doug - my streak has continued one more time - got a pleasant, knowledgeable installer who did a great job.

Hip, hip, hooray!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...