Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Suggestions on MRV internet problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kyledr04

kyledr04

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

Installers came on Sunday for new MRV install. The installed all new equipment using HR24s so we eventually able to get MRV working but they did not have DECA units or DECA power supplies in stock so no internet.

They left and gave me their number and they'd call Monday to let me know about the DECA adapters and when they could get me one. Well they never called Monday or Tuesday so I called them Tuesday, no answer. Wednesday I called and left another message and they installer called me back but I wasn't able to take the call and left a message saying he was waiting on a call from his boss and would call at 5pm. Now it's Thursday and still haven't heard back.

Will calling Directv customer service do any good? I understand they didn't have the part but they've made no effort to find a solution or at least say they've ordered the parts and they'll be here on this date. Anything other than not calling. They were clueless about MRV when they installed and still can't get their act together. Very poor customer service at this point.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:52 AM

I'd call them. You paid for an upgrade and they haven't completed it.
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#3 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,166 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

I'm not sure why you're hesitating to call. They've charged your credit card and four days should be sufficient to resolve the problem.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#4 OFFLINE   hobie346

hobie346

Icon

• Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

Where the installers DirecTV employees or sub contractors? I had DirecTV installers at my home last Friday and I was their first MRV install. They had limited knowledge of MRV and all the components needed for it to work - they too didn't have the Internet connection part due DirecTV not putting it on the work order. After several phone calls the installer was able to finish the work including the Internet adapter.

As for calling DirecTV customer service, that's up to you and your piece of mind. I would call if the installation was not completed as ordered after two days but you never know, they may not have the parts to finish the install or they may just forget that the install is not finished leaving you holding the stick.

I received a phone call from DirecTV (robo call) asking about my experience with the install. I also received an e-mail survey about the install. I answered both in the positive.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:00 AM

Definitely call DirecTV Customer Service.

The installers are probably over loaded right now, but that's not an excuse to ignore a customer.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

spam firewall