Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Has Anyone Lost Beta MRV? (Beta is finished)

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,083 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

You might be able to check that now, under "my account", "services", "whole home DVR". Should show you whether or not you've been activated. If not, click the "subscribe" button. After that, wouldn't hurt to do a "refresh services". Hopefully when you get home, all will be well. :)

After the tech left, even the next day, it still said not eligible. Was thinking that this might happen with others as well. After I called DirecTV it showed activated, but I forgot to actually opt-out.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   dkraft

dkraft

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

ON phone now trying to get turned back on. No deca. CSR acts like he is really trying hard, keeps putting me on hold. He says he is wondering why "it" is not doing what he wants. This is going to end badly for me :)

#63 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,614 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

After the tech left, even the next day, it still said not eligible. Was thinking that this might happen with others as well. After I called DirecTV it showed activated, but I forgot to actually opt-out.

I never opted-out. When I finally activated from the web site, the "beta" menu option disappeared on the receivers before I had a chance. Happily, I didn't need to. :)
/steve

#64 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,877 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

ON phone now trying to get turned back on. No deca. CSR acts like he is really trying hard, keeps putting me on hold. He says he is wondering why "it" is not doing what he wants. This is going to end badly for me :)

The preferred method is now by email. Doug posted the instructions at the top in the sticky section today. Try that, and I bet you will have better luck. The instructions are in the same place where he had the phone in instructions. They have been replaced at DirecTV's request with email instructions that several have had success with.

Also if you have the legacy programming package TC+ HD-DVR, there are more problems and you will have to change programming packages (at least temporarily), as there is a bad bug with that legacy package and MRV activation if you aren't DECA. (that is, using your own home network for MRV)

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#65 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,619 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

The installers left a little before noon today with a mostly successful install with my help. . . but a little after two, I got a disconnect notice from the bedroom HR I was watching through DECA on the new HR24.

Took a few minutes to see if it was a network problem and the HR24 could only see the HR20 sitting beside it. I had done the DECA installations on the three HRs in the bedroom and they were the ones gone.

As I dialed DTV on the phone I checked online and saw the Whole Home activated. . . so I refreshed services and within 4 or 5 minutes those three re-appeared.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#66 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

Of course I didn't call in to have MRV officially activated until after beta died in the early afternoon today. Don't fix what isn't broken, even if you know in advance the exact day it will break. :grin:

I hadn't seen Doug's new thread recommending we now email to get set up - it might not even existed yet because I used the instructions off the old thread - and so I called in to get switched. I got Jamie, a sweet CSR with a nice Southern accent. She quickly understood and worked through Doug's instructions but for some reason, my account wouldn't activate. She went to some internal notes from other CSRs who had switched people over from beta and tried a trick or two. Nada.

Jamie then put me on hold to work with others on my situation. She came back a few minutes later and told me everyone in the call center had said it was impossible, that I needed to pay $99 and get a SWiM/DECA setup to get MRV. Jamie thought not. Maybe it was the notes on her screen from others who'd done this. Maybe it was the authority of Doug's post. Maybe it was because I said many here had successfully made this switch. Maybe it was because Jamie had a beta MRV system at home. Who knows? For whatever reason, Jamie stuck with it, trying different things until BINGO!, Multi-room returned to the System Setup menu. Along the way, Jamie had joked TPTB should make her a trainer if she figured this out. At the end of the phone call, she gave herself the promotion and proudly announced she was going to show the other folks in the call center how to do this.

Thank you, Jamie. You did a heck of a job for me. :up: :)

Edited by Carl Spock, 21 May 2010 - 05:45 AM.

#67 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 750 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Went to use the HR20 in my office around noon and got hit with the message that MRV beta was over. Same message on the HR20 in my living room.

Right now I'm being charged $5.99 per month per DVR on my account. Only 3 of the 5 are in use at the moment. So, my plan is to drop 2 of those DVR fees and add $3 per month MRV fee.

Can't do that online though. Says I'm "not elligible" for MRV.
HR20-700 Connected to 55" Samsung UN55D8000YF via HDMI
HR20-700 Connected to 24" Samsung P2570HD
R22-200 Connected to 32" Sony
D* Customer since 2000

#68 OFFLINE   TexasJames

TexasJames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

The preferred method is now by email. Doug posted the instructions at the top in the sticky section today. Try that, and I bet you will have better luck. The instructions are in the same place where he had the phone in instructions. They have been replaced at DirecTV's request with email instructions that several have had success with.

Also if you have the legacy programming package TC+ HD-DVR, there are more problems and you will have to change programming packages (at least temporarily), as there is a bad bug with that legacy package and MRV activation if you aren't DECA. (that is, using your own home network for MRV)

I need to buy a lotto ticket -- feeling incredibly lucky. Came home to the MRV Beta over message. :( Tried to add Whole Home via the DTV website and was told I needed to call customer support. Called and got a tech named Josh (I think). Explained I lost MRV and wanted to add Whole Home. He checked my equipment on the account (HR20-700s) and said I was good. Told me the price was $3/mo. Said I would be "unsupported". Said it would take 10-15 minutes for the feature to take effect, but I was good to go. While waiting I read more threads here and saw several comments about the package issue. Figured I was hosed because I also have TC+ with Locals. Checked the system about 15 minutes after I called. I have MRV again! :)

-TJ

HR24-100 and HR44-700 w/ (2) C41-500 clients (full setup)

#69 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,403 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Mine worked this morning, but I'll have to wait until I get home to see if it's still online.

#70 OFFLINE   FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67

CE'er & Retired Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,424 posts
  • LocationWindber, PA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

That'd only work if the tech called back into DirecTV and had the service activated though, right? In my case, the tech said I'd have to do that later, because it hadn't been rolled out everywhere yet (this was after the nationally live date.) But he was very clear that it was my responsibility to call DirecTV and finish it up. When he left, it would only work opted into the beta. I'll see how things go when I get home...

Same experience I had. He left. I called and activated, and my receivers showed "authorized" as soon as I got to them.
All's well errrrrrh make that GREAT:)
Fred
DIRECTV since November 1995
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" A.Einstein

#71 OFFLINE   kjnorman

kjnorman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

I lost mine which was annoying as the video connection from one of my DVRs fell out and I was relying on the MRV to view its recordings as I couldn't be bother to dismantle my media cabinet to get the cable back in.

Anyway I had to call to activate it over ethernet which they did. I asked if I would now be able to schedule recordings on one of my HR2x from my other HR2x (as before in the past you could not). The rep looked this up and said that I could. Later I tried it and I could not. I think he was confused as it seams that you still can not schedule recordings on another DVR from a DVR.

#72 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

Also cut off a few minutes ago.

I'm definitely going to activate, just haven't decided on "supported" or "unsupported" yet. Am leaning to supported.

Cheers,
Tom

You'd be getting a bargain with all of your receivers.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#73 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

My MRV was ended gracefully. Earlier today, on the MRV client (H21) a message notified me that the MRV server had been disconnected, and later, when I called up the guide on the former client, I got a screen message that the MRV beta had ended. On the server (HR20), there was also such a message displayed. Bye bye MRV.
Greg

#74 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Mine is still active. Went via Twitter.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#75 OFFLINE   hiltsy855

hiltsy855

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:37 AM

MRV is gone. I will not pay $3/month extra in addition to the DVR fee. MRV - it was fun, thanks for the memories, bye bye.

#76 OFFLINE   Valve1138

Valve1138

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:45 AM

Got the message last night that the beta was over. Oh well, only used once to see what the deal was.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...