Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV (dumb) questions - dual tuner/external hard drive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brenta1x

brenta1x

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

Looked around for an answer before posting...I swear! I have two HR-21s and two HR-22s. If I have MRV installed am I still able to record two shows at once on each DVR?

One of my DVRs is hooked up to an external hard drive. Will I be able to MRV those shows to the other boxes?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,767 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

yes & yes
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   brenta1x

brenta1x

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

Thanks! (Not that I'll ever need to record 8 shows in one hour...but you never know!)

#4 OFFLINE   taylorhively

taylorhively

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Thanks! (Not that I'll ever need to record 8 shows in one hour...but you never know!)

Haha, I do. That's why I have 4.
Tuners 1-4 ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX doesn't happen often these days but there have been times all 4 are going. One tuner dedicated to each network to avoid conflicts.
Tuners 5-6 USA, Syfy, Food Net, WB, HBO, Comedy, Discovery, History, etc.,etc. This box gets the most use.
Tuners 7-8 Almost exclusively for sporting events. Sometimes movies as well.

I'm adding a 5th DVR, an HR24, to replace one of my existing ones (upgrading.) I'll have all 5 running temporarily before I return it to D*
5 DirecTV HD DVRs: HR20-700, HR20-700, HR22-100, HR21-100, HR24-500
60" Sony SXRB HD

#5 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

I've definitely had 7 going at once but don't think I've even gone higher. 4-5 is not that unusual for me.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...