Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Enabling MRV using your home networking

• Please log in to reply
1190 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   leww37334

leww37334

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

I do NOT have a legacy package, two CSR's knew nothing about this, both told me I had to upgrade my equipment to the whole home DVR configuration, I have now tried the email approach. we will see what happens.
“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” - Ayn Rand

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,852 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

As I mentioned ealier, on my 3rd CSR call Tuesday night, I set it up as verified by email the next morning. When I checked my account, the only place Connected Home showed up was in recent orders, nothing under my services, programming, anywhere. And nowhere does it say "unsupported" or "u". However it is working fine, as it has recently. The only changes I believe are that there is no longer a deisngation of which DVR recorded the shows (as of the change Wednesday) and the "beta" line no longer appears under MRV. Does this look right to you all?

The only place I can see Whole Home DVR Services or anything even remotely resembling what we are doing is in the same place "Recent Activity", which shows the following:

05/20/2010 XXXXXXXX4710 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Charge $1.10 $0.07

Of course, something shows on the first tab, Current Balance ($1.17), but there is no explanation of what it's for. Looking above, it is the total of the prorated charge and taxes for $1.17.

Other than the fact that my receiver menus are right, they show status is OK, (beta is missing as it should be), I would have no clue that the "Whole Home DVR Service" has been authorized. It is not present on the D* web site, under the Programming, Services, Extra, or Other tabs. Nothing tells me I have it but "Recent Activity"

...at least I got it authorized, the authorization appears to be "holding", and of course, it actually works!

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#23 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for writing us back. I see that you are one of our long time customers and we appreciate your business.

I do understand you have been a tester of MRV using your own networking. In as much as we would like to add the Whole Home DVR service of $3.00 per month to your account, our system would not allow us to do so. We request you to please upgrade your current base package prior to adding the service.

Your base programming package is TOTAL CHOICE and is already considered an expired package. The easiest way to change your package is online. Sign in to your account to explore your package options, then click Select next to the package you want. Please keep in mind that your new package will replace the package you currently have, so make sure it contains all the channels you want.

This is the response I got to an email request sent a few hours ago.
I also have Lifetime DVR service (wonder if that causes an issue).

Trying again.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#24 OFFLINE   JayDog08

JayDog08

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Yup, as long as both HD Service & DVR Service show up on your account .. AND .. You have a minimum of 1 eligible HD-DVR and 1 eligible HD Receiver, then this should be a simple process.

The 'Choice Xtra plus HDDVR' legacy package will show 'HD Service' as not active. CSRs will be locked out of adding MRV.

I THINK all other packages are fine. It's this one package that is causing the problems.

I'm confused. So is the consensus that we need to upgrade to Choice Ultimate if we have Choice Xtra with HDDVR service? Or can we temporarily change it to another package and then change it back to Choice Xtra after the flag is set?

#25 OFFLINE   jba115

jba115

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

The only place I can see Whole Home DVR Services or anything even remotely resembling what we are doing is in the same place "Recent Activity", which shows the following:

05/20/2010 XXXXXXXX4710 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service - Charge $1.10 $0.07

Of course, something shows on the first tab, Current Balance ($1.17), but there is no explanation of what it's for. Looking above, it is the total of the prorated charge and taxes for $1.17.

Other than the fact that my receiver menus are right, they show status is OK, (beta is missing as it should be), I would have no clue that the "Whole Home DVR Service" has been authorized. It is not present on the D* web site, under the Programming, Services, Extra, or Other tabs. Nothing tells me I have it but "Recent Activity"

...at least I got it authorized, the authorization appears to be "holding", and of course, it actually works!

Glad to see I'm not crazy. And yes, it's good to see that it is working. Thanks
White Sox Fan
Samsung PN50A450 Plasma
Mits WS65857
Both with HR20-100 (HDMI & Component) Also HR21-100 on Mits
Wireless network via Netgear WNR2000, two D* powerline adapters
Harmony 880

#26 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

I'm confused. So is the consensus that we need to upgrade to Choice Ultimate if we have Choice Xtra with HDDVR service? Or can we temporarily change it to another package and then change it back to Choice Xtra after the flag is set?

No, there is a legacy package called 'Choice Xtra plus HDDVR' If (and I think only if) you have this package, you will probably have to change it to

Choice Xtra
-) Add HD Access
-) Add DVR Access

In other words, 3 line items on your statement instead of a single line item.

The cost is $1/month more in unbundled form than in bundled (legacy) form. Otherwise, they are the same package.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#27 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Choice Xtra plus the HD service plus the DVR service is the same thing, for $1 more.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#28 OFFLINE   mdriskell

mdriskell

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

Revisiting this thread...I guess I may run into an issue with the request I submitted as I have the Choice Xtra plus HDDVR package. I don't want to change as that would add $20 to my bill just to have MRV (10 HD, 7 DVR, 3 MRV) ouch.
My Setup
Main DVR HR21-100
Wired Connection
HDMI to Toshiba Regza 47in LCD

Bedroom DVR HR22-700
Wired Connection
Component cables to Westinghouse 27in LCD

#29 OFFLINE   rob316

rob316

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

That's BS, I will not upgrade my package if I don't have to. I am already paying the extra 3 bucks what else do they want.

Edited by rob316, 20 May 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

That's BS, I will not upgrade my package if I don't have to. I am lready paying the extra 3 bucks what else do they want.

agree 100%
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#31 OFFLINE   leww37334

leww37334

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

glad to see this is working so well........
“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” - Ayn Rand

#32 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,852 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

Glad to see I'm not crazy. And yes, it's good to see that it is working. Thanks

I did find it in another location:

When you are on the My Services tab, look at the top of the detail box in Blue/Aqua lettering. There are 3 links: HD, DVR, Whole Home DVR (which is gray on my account). Click on the Whole Home DVR link and it will take you to a screen that shows you are subscribed

Under the price of $3.00 it shows "Currently Activated".

Why this info is buried under links above the account detail mystifies me. It should be listed as a service directly on the detail screen.

Try it.

...hasan, N0AN

DirecTV since 1995

#33 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

The top quote seemingly contradicts the bottom quote. Who is right?

Revisiting this thread...I guess I may run into an issue with the request I submitted as I have the Choice Xtra plus HDDVR package. I don't want to change as that would add $20 to my bill just to have MRV (10 HD, 7 DVR, 3 MRV) ouch.

No, there is a legacy package called 'Choice Xtra plus HDDVR' If (and I think only if) you have this package, you will probably have to change it to

Choice Xtra
-) Add HD Access
-) Add DVR Access

In other words, 3 line items on your statement instead of a single line item.

The cost is $1/month more in unbundled form than in bundled (legacy) form. Otherwise, they are the same package.

My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#34 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,852 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

I think Doug may have gotten it backwards. The reason so many of us stayed with TC+, without going with TC+/HD-DVR bundled is that we saved a dollar a month, without losing anything.

At least that's why I stayed, and I'm going to feel like an idiot if I stayed so I could pay an additional buck a month for nothing.

Unbundled TC+ is a buck cheaper than bundled with HD-DVR, or I've been screwing myself for a couple of years. :)

...hasan, N0AN

DirecTV since 1995

#35 OFFLINE   rob316

rob316

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

I think Doug may have gotten it backwards. The reason so many of us stayed with TC+, without going with TC+/HD-DVR bundled is that we saved a dollar a month, without losing anything.

At least that's why I stayed, and I'm going to feel like an idiot if I stayed so I could pay an additional buck a month for nothing.

Unbundled TC+ is a buck cheaper than bundled with HD-DVR, or I've been screwing myself for a couple of years. :)

In this economy saving 12 bucks a year is good enough for me.:lol:

#36 OFFLINE   rob316

rob316

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Ok so per Doug's instructions I emailed DTV support to have me switched to MRV Unsupported, will they email me call me when its' completed? I am at work right now so I cannot check. Well there is another notification which I hope doesn't happen, the wife calling me screaming that MRV does not work. :eek2:

#37 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Doug. Email sent. We shall see...
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#38 OFFLINE   pyrettablaze

pyrettablaze

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

ok so my MRV experience.

Of course mine stopped working today too. So i call to order as it says. They try to say i need to buy a $99 dollar upgrade package.

I said "well it was working yesterday, why would I need new equipment?"

They said, "so you can have the Swim network."?

I said, "Just add the MRV to my package without selling me the upgrade!"

She said that "it would not let her."

I said "Is my current package expired?"

she said "Yes!"

I told her "that is why!"

So I added the new package, for 1 dollar more as stated before, and the MRV would add to my account. It is now active for a cost of 4 more dollars a month.

Now, to find out what t his Swim network is!

#39 OFFLINE   rob316

rob316

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

ok so my MRV experience.

Of course mine stopped working today too. So i call to order as it says. They try to say i need to buy a $99 dollar upgrade package.

I said "well it was working yesterday, why would I need new equipment?"

They said, "so you can have the Swim network."?

I said, "Just add the MRV to my package without selling me the upgrade!"

She said that "it would not let her."

I said "Is my current package expired?"

she said "Yes!"

I told her "that is why!"

So I added the new package, for 1 dollar more as stated before, and the MRV would add to my account. It is now active for a cost of 4 more dollars a month.

Now, to find out what t his Swim network is!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

#40 OFFLINE   jba115

jba115

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

I did find it in another location:

When you are on the My Services tab, look at the top of the detail box in Blue/Aqua lettering. There are 3 links: HD, DVR, Whole Home DVR (which is gray on my account). Click on the Whole Home DVR link and it will take you to a screen that shows you are subscribed

Under the price of $3.00 it shows "Currently Activated".

Why this info is buried under links above the account detail mystifies me. It should be listed as a service directly on the detail screen.

Try it.

Now I see that. "Currently activated" looked almost grayed out. I saw this as a p;romotion to sign up for it and missed that it was activated until you pointed that out. Thanks again.
White Sox Fan
Samsung PN50A450 Plasma
Mits WS65857
Both with HR20-100 (HDMI & Component) Also HR21-100 on Mits
Wireless network via Netgear WNR2000, two D* powerline adapters
Harmony 880

spam firewall