Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do all receivers support 3D?

whdvr

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrsdrgn

mrsdrgn

Mentor

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

When 3D will be available, I am wondering if all the receivers will support the 3D programing. I have a HR20-700 receiver and I want to watch the world cup in 3D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

I believe all H2x and HR2x receivers will be compatible.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,487 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

But you have to make sure your TV is compatible. DirecTV will not support checkerboard.

#4 OFFLINE   mrsdrgn

mrsdrgn

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

do you need a swm to connect the HR24 with only one cable?

#5 OFFLINE   Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

do you need a swm to connect the HR24 with only one cable?

Depends on whether or not you want both tuners to work. You can connect one cable to a HR24 on a non-SWM system, but only one tuner will work. You need a SWM to use both tuners in the HR24 with only one cable.

#6 OFFLINE   hogon41

hogon41

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

DIRECTV receivers H21, H23, H24, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24, R22 w/HD access. The H20 and HR20 DO NOT Support 3D.

#7 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

I believe all H2x and HR2x receivers will be compatible.

Actually not true. There will be some information coming out on Monday on a special landing page that will explain.

HR21 and above or H21 and above will support 3D.

You also must have a HDMI cable.

Not all 3D televisions will work at launch, either, especially some of the older ones from a few years ago.

There will be a list of tv models that work seamlessly with the software downloads that are starting now and the receivers. There are some additional models that "may" work because they are from the same family generation of models, but if they haven't been tested yet will not be listed as approved until they are tested.

Hope that helps
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Actually not true. There will be some information coming out on Monday on a special landing page that will explain.

You also must have a HDMI cable.

Not all 3D televisions will work at launch, either, especially some of the older ones from a few years ago.

There will be a list of tv models that work seamlessly with the software downloads that are starting now and the receivers. There are some additional models that "may" work because they are from the same family generation of models, but if they haven't been tested yet will not be listed as approved until they are tested.

Hope that helps

Hopefully Mitsu will get off their rears with 3DC-1000 and get it out to market sooner rather than later. Probably more DirecTV customers with the Mitsu 3D-capable checkboard sets than the rest combined (at least for the moment), and the 3DC-1000 will make them compatible with devices sending out the other formats.

#9 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

The first blow against the venerable HR20. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whdvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...