Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SWM8 - Adding DECA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MrLatte

MrLatte

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Will this work? See attached diagram for what I'd like to do to add DECA. I currently have a SWM8 and my main concern is having the band stop filter in front of the power inserter. All of the diagrams I've seen show SWM-->PI-->BS Filter-->splitters.

I'd like to set it up like this:
SWM-->BS Filter-->splitter-->PI

And do we really need the new "MRV-compatible" SWS splitters? Thanks.

Attached Files

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,700 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

Should work.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

MRV relies on the isolation between ports on the splitter not being so high that the DECA signal will not couple between outputs. The "green label" ensures this but others may work just as well (mine do). My system works fine without the bandstop filter (which permits DECA to couple between the SWM1 and SWM2 ports of my SWM5). The specified devices are highly recommended (and installers are required to use them) but others may also work (your mileage may vary, of course).

#4 OFFLINE   MrLatte

MrLatte

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

OK, I'll just use the "green label" MRV-compatible splitters. I need to buy more anyway.

The next question is I have another SWM8 with 3 HR22 DVRs all hard-wired Ethernet. I'd just as soon leave this portion of my setup alone. If I feed this zone from the same Ethernet switch as I feed my DECA-enabled SWM8 will they all be able to see each other for MRV? In other words, will all 6 DVRs be able to use MRV and see each other?

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,858 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

OK, I'll just use the "green label" MRV-compatible splitters. I need to buy more anyway.

The next question is I have another SWM8 with 3 HR22 DVRs all hard-wired Ethernet. I'd just as soon leave this portion of my setup alone. If I feed this zone from the same Ethernet switch as I feed my DECA-enabled SWM8 will they all be able to see each other for MRV? In other words, will all 6 DVRs be able to use MRV and see each other?

If they're connected to the same Ethernet swith then they should be able to see each other.

I currently have two DECA receivers and two Ethernet and I have no problems. :)

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

spam firewall