Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Simple steps to get back MRV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RVD26

RVD26

Godfather

• Registered
  • 349 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

Okay, I know MRV is gone now and there are a million threads on here about it.
However, the posts seem to be all over the place. Maybe my mind is just fried right now, who knows.
Can someone please provide me with clear instructions on how to get it back.
My understanding is that it will cost $3/month. Is that correct?
Is there anyway to get around that?
Seems like something that should come standard and not have a fee attached to it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

This procedure is for those folks who want to use their own Home Network and continue to enjoy Multi Room Viewing.
• Call 1-800-531-5000
• Give Your Phone # when prompted
• At the main menu voice prompt say "Whole Home DVR Service"
At this point you should be connected to an agent
• Tell the agent that you have been participating in the 'Whole Home DVR Service beta' and you want to enable 'MRV-Capability' so that you can activate 'Whole Home DVR Service' on your account
• Ask the CSR to cancel (or do not enter) the Connected Home upgrade screen
• Ask the CSR to enter 'Account Attributes' (under the same drop down as adding services) and choose 'Create New'. The only option here is 'MRV-Capability' and it should be set to 'u' (for unsupported) with mostly defaults. At this point, you have enabled the 'MRV' flag and you could (in theory) order from the web page. I saw it when viewing my account via the web.
• Once this has been set, the CSR will have to exit your account information and then reenter your account information screen so that the information refreshes.
• At this point, the CSR can now enable "Whole Home DVR Service"
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,829 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

I can't help you avoid the fee, it is what it is.

If you want to keep your existing network, try following these instructions.

If you want to upgrade to the fully-supported version of MRV, call 1-800-DIRECTV and schedule the Connected Home upgrade.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   jpitlick

jpitlick

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

This procedure is for those folks who want to use their own Home Network and continue to enjoy Multi Room Viewing.
• Call 1-800-531-5000
• Give Your Phone # when prompted
• At the main menu voice prompt say "Whole Home DVR Service"
At this point you should be connected to an agent
• Tell the agent that you have been participating in the 'Whole Home DVR Service beta' and you want to enable 'MRV-Capability' so that you can activate 'Whole Home DVR Service' on your account
• Ask the CSR to cancel (or do not enter) the Connected Home upgrade screen
• Ask the CSR to enter 'Account Attributes' (under the same drop down as adding services) and choose 'Create New'. The only option here is 'MRV-Capability' and it should be set to 'u' (for unsupported) with mostly defaults. At this point, you have enabled the 'MRV' flag and you could (in theory) order from the web page. I saw it when viewing my account via the web.
• Once this has been set, the CSR will have to exit your account information and then reenter your account information screen so that the information refreshes.
• At this point, the CSR can now enable "Whole Home DVR Service"

FYI, I followed these instructions over e-mail and he only issue I has was I was not able to order MRV from the website. It took an additional e-mail to have a CSR enable it. I suppose YMMV. Maybe I didn't wait long enough after they added the 'u' flag to my account.

HR20-700 attached via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR605S connected via HDMI to a Sony KDF-42WE655 42" Grand Vega Rear Projection LCD
H21-100 attached via HDMI to Sceptre X246W-1080P 24" LCD and attached via S-Video to Windows 7 PC w/Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600
HR22-100 attached via HDMI to a ProScan 32LB30Q 32" LCD
SWM-8/STS-4
SlimLine Dish w/SL5 LNB
All receviers connected to gigabit switches and 25/25 Mbps FiOS

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Ok - gotta say that I was worried but it was a piece of cake!

I called, said I wanted to add 'Whole-Home DVR Service' to my account. Told him that I tried to add it on-line but it said I had to call in. He said no problem.... Within about 4 minutes he had it added to my account. He told me it would add $3 a month to my bill and that I was set! No mention of DECA or installing anything or changing anything!

Piece of cake!

I think this was the shortest phone conversation with DirecTV I have ever had. Maybe they are figuring it out?

#6 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,912 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Let's keep the discussion in the main thread as this is the exact same topic as the one stuck at the top of the forum:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=177590
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall