Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 from Directv discounted for long time customer

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

Thanks guys I thought that was the case however some are posting a difference in pq.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

Well, I called DIRECTV and flashed my credit card. Didn’t help! They would not send me the HR24-500. Been with DIRECTV since 2003. I guess I haven’t been a customer long enough. My 2 year contract is up, and I told the CSR I was willing to pay cold hard cash. Why the F wouldn’t they jump on the opportunity to renew my contract for another two years? So silly. :nono2: I guess it’s overstock.com time. :D

#43 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

Well, I called DIRECTV and flashed my credit card. Didn’t help! They would not send me the HR24-500. Been with DIRECTV since 2003. I guess I haven’t been a customer long enough. My 2 year contract is up, and I told the CSR I was willing to pay cold hard cash. Why the F wouldn’t they jump on the opportunity to renew my contract for another two years? So silly. :nono2: I guess it’s overstock.com time. :D

CB and get a supervisor on the phone that is what I did and it is amazing what they can do when they want to

#44 OFFLINE   bmac

bmac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

Ditto!

DirecTV has told me that they can no longer offer discounts/credits on receivers acquired from other retailers...

~Alan

i recd a 150 credit before i bought my hr 24 and h24 and recd a confirmation email of the credit before i got off the phone last tuesday. They still give them

#45 OFFLINE   bratboy

bratboy

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

When ordering my upgrade today I was told as I was going with the whole home deal and MVR that they would be sending 2 HR-24's with the tech. Supposedly at least here in Denver 24's are being used for all whole home upgrade orders. Anyway he's supposed to show up with one as a replacement/addition for my buggy HR-22 and the other as a new add to my account. Supposedly when I've got everything watched off the old HR-22 DRV they said call and they will send a box for that.

I warned both CSR's after they swore I would receive HR24's that if the tech shows with anything else he's sent away till he comes back with the right ones. They both said that would be fine and I'd be completely in my right to do so. One went so far as to warn me not to let them install something else and sign for it as then I'd be stuck. There's a note for the Tech to call a day ahead of time so hopefully I can confirm before he even arrives.
2 x HR24-500's
1 x HR22NC-100 China 1/21/09 via component
Slimline 5 LNB connected via SWM
TV-JVC HD-52Z575 D-ila
Amp-Yamaha HR-5730

#46 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

When ordering my upgrade today I was told as I was going with the whole home deal and MVR that they would be sending 2 HR-24's with the tech. Supposedly at least here in Denver 24's are being used for all whole home upgrade orders. Anyway he's supposed to show up with one as a replacement/addition for my buggy HR-22 and the other as a new add to my account. Supposedly when I've got everything watched off the old HR-22 DRV they said call and they will send a box for that.

I warned both CSR's after they swore I would receive HR24's that if the tech shows with anything else he's sent away till he comes back with the right ones. They both said that would be fine and I'd be completely in my right to do so. One went so far as to warn me not to let them install something else and sign for it as then I'd be stuck. There's a note for the Tech to call a day ahead of time so hopefully I can confirm before he even arrives.

Of course the CSRs will say that. They are not the ones that will get screwed out of their time and money by making these BS promises.

Once again customer askes for something, CSRs make promises they can't deliver and the the tech gets screwed. Nice. :mad:
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#47 OFFLINE   badgerdave

badgerdave

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

I had DTV show up yesterday and do the SWiM/DECA upgrade for the Whole Home DVR upgrade. I told the CSR that I wanted an additional DVR and that I would reject anything other than the HR24. Long story short, they did the upgrade for $99 (waived the $49 install fee) and gave me the DVR for $99--which did turn out to be a HR24. The also showed up with a SWiM 16 like I asked.

The fun part is that the CSR didn't seem to know that you can use the legacy ports to run the older equipment, so they replaced my standard def TIVO with an R-16 (which is fine with me because the R16 doesn't need a phone line to download program guide data--a problem in my workout room) and they replaced my old non dvr HD receiver with a H24 for free. The H24 is a slick little box than allows me to access the DVRs as well, pretty cool all in all. One of my better experiences with DTV techs.
[B]Without music, life would be a mistake.[/B]
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60" Microdisplay
HR22-100 w/AM21
Sony KV-34XBR910 34" HDTV
HR24-500
Panasonic Plasma 42"
HR21-700
Samsung 26" HDTV
HR24-500
Vizio 26" HDTV
H24-100
Samsung 19" Flat Screen 4:3 TV
R16-500
Slimline 5lnb dish with SWiM-16 and DECA
OTA antenna in attic feeding DC & Batlimore HD Channels to basement HDTV

#48 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,929 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

The fun part is that the CSR didn't seem to know that you can use the legacy ports to run the older equipment, so they replaced my standard def TIVO with an R-16 (which is fine with me because the R16 doesn't need a phone line to download program guide data--a problem in my workout room) and they replaced my old non dvr HD receiver with a H24 for free.

Just an FYI, the DirecTV installer training says that they are NOT to use the legacy ports on a SWiM8/16 but to replace any non SWiM compatible STB's with ones that are.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#49 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

The fun part is that the CSR didn't seem to know that you can use the legacy ports to run the older equipment, so they replaced my standard def TIVO with an R-16 (which is fine with me because the R16 doesn't need a phone line to download program guide data--a problem in my workout room)

Not that it matters any more, but the TiVo does not need a phone line to download program guide data. I've had mine unplugged from the phone line for years, and other than the annoying dial out message, it works fine.

To steer my post back to being on-topic, I'll be telling a CSR the exact same thing you did in a couple of months... :(

~Alan

#50 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

So, did the topic starter actually get the promised HR24?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#51 OFFLINE   badgerdave

badgerdave

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

Just an FYI, the DirecTV installer training says that they are NOT to use the legacy ports on a SWiM8/16 but to replace any non SWiM compatible STB's with ones that are.

I worked will for me! I love the newer receivers :-)
[B]Without music, life would be a mistake.[/B]
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60" Microdisplay
HR22-100 w/AM21
Sony KV-34XBR910 34" HDTV
HR24-500
Panasonic Plasma 42"
HR21-700
Samsung 26" HDTV
HR24-500
Vizio 26" HDTV
H24-100
Samsung 19" Flat Screen 4:3 TV
R16-500
Slimline 5lnb dish with SWiM-16 and DECA
OTA antenna in attic feeding DC & Batlimore HD Channels to basement HDTV

#52 OFFLINE   bratboy

bratboy

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Well so far both csr's I dealt with assured me 'd get 24's. Then gave me local installers office number. Called them directly to confirm it and explained about being told to not letting installer use anything else. Was told perfectly understandable if tech shows with wrong boxes that I refuse and made notes for the tech make sure brought the right units.

Ive learned long ago to not let them install the wrong thing but signing for it expecting it to be fixed later. Once you sign then your stuck with what they did install.
2 x HR24-500's
TV-JVC HD-52Z575 D-ila
Amp-Yamaha HR-5730

#53 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

So, did the topic starter actually get the promised HR24?

From post #1...

"Just received a nice new HR24 from Directv I ordered the other day and got a nice discount on it as well ($99.00)."

http://www.dbstalk.c...599#post2467599 ;)

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#54 OFFLINE   slapshot1959

slapshot1959

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

^^^
Yes.
Thank you.

#55 OFFLINE   bratboy

bratboy

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Well I'll post a followup once my install is done. What one csr told me I'm only getting billed for install. If it holds true I will end up with 2 hr24's & temporarily a 22 for the installation fee plus getting 3 months of $15 off my bill and then $10 off for 9 more months. The discount ends up more than paying the extra box and MVR fees so I'm happy. Now when the tech shows the bill may be different but will wait and see.
2 x HR24-500's
TV-JVC HD-52Z575 D-ila
Amp-Yamaha HR-5730

#56 OFFLINE   fikuserectus

fikuserectus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

I ordered a new Directv HR24 and was told that model is the only model available at this time. So I wouldn't say it was guaranteed, but if the HR24 is the only model in stock right now you will get one. :)

#57 OFFLINE   Spano1

Spano1

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Was told by customer retention that I could purchase two HR24's through solidsignal and when I activated them a credit for $199 would be posted to my account for each activation. Receivers arrive tuesday - will keep you posted.

UPDATE: I ordered my receivers from eCost since they were cheaper and figured DTV wouldn't care or know the difference where I ordered from. They arrived and have been installed for approx 2 weeks and I love them. When I called to activate I inquired about the credit that was promised - was told the notes were on my account but that this was forwarded on to a supervisor that would credit or contact me with anything further. I gave it a week and called them back when no credit posted. Was told it was sent to a supervisor and to give it another week. Today I called customer retention and refused to get off the phone until the credit was posted to my account since I fronted the money at DTV's suggestion and still had nothing to show for it. The first question from the Retention service person was her supervisor wanted to know why I ordered from Solid Signal and not from DTV directly. Then stated that they couldn't credit me the $$ since I didn't order from them directly. I clearly stated my case and explained that this was a suggestion of DTV and that I would take this to the highest level if credits were not issued.... 5 minutes later they were issued and 10 minutes later they showed up on my account (see pic). If anyone wants to know more detail please feel free to DM me. (sorry for the simple and brief language)
Posted Image

#58 OFFLINE   HateDtVrtnow

HateDtVrtnow

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

i was supposed to get an upgrade to an hr24 and wholehome.
the tech showed up after 2nd rescheduled appointment with a
standard receiver (not even HD) i told him to leave and am waiting
on sat company to let me know what they are going to do..

spam firewall