Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:46 AM

With a SWiM install, 2 HR24, 1 H24, and MRV, can I have selected recordings on one DVR as private and not shown on other units?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,700 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

With a SWiM install, 2 HR24, 1 H24, and MRV, can I have selected recordings on one DVR as private and not shown on other units?

Not "a recording" but you can not share the DVR to others.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,843 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

If I understand you correctly, why not just take that one DVR and set its MRV to "sharing turned off". (under Share Playlist in the Multi-Room menu)

Ohhh...you mean select individual recordings on a DVR and make them not share? No you can't do that.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,700 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

If I understand you correctly, why not just take that one DVR and set its MRV to "sharing turned off". (under Share Playlist in the Multi-Room menu)

Ohhh...you mean select individual recordings on a DVR and make them not share? No you can't do that.

Not sure if parental controls would work here or not.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:04 AM

I think that the OP wants to make a single recording not show, as in selecting it as having its own special "parental" settings.

If thats the case, its a "no". Parental settings are global for any one particular receiver.
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#6 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

Seems like it cannot be done. Either 1 DVR doesn't share recordings with the others or does share with the others--no other options. I think they should have a way to do this, not sharing selected recordings with other units, as that is something I imagine others would like to see as well.

#7 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

I didn't think this MRV thing through enough. Since my wife and I are sharing our playlists this means I can't get away with downloading Debbie Does Dallas anymore. Darn!!!

2H/1J

#8 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 400 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

I didn't think this MRV thing through enough. Since my wife and I are sharing our playlists this means I can't get away with downloading Debbie Does Dallas anymore. Darn!!!

Depends where you live, but we have Debbie does ____ and you just fill in the city and she comes, right to your front door!

spam firewall