Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV - Lost Locals, Given National West Feeds...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MadForPlaid

MadForPlaid

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hi,

I have been on the MRV beta program (TC+) for ~ 2 months, and after the beta ended, I called DTV yesterday a multitude of times to reestablish the service. Eventually (1.5 hrs later), I spoke with one in Tech Support who changed to the new plan, reset me up on MRV, successully changed me back to TC+, and again reset me for the MRV again without the additional $1 charge ($4 in total), just the new $3 monthly charge.

The problem is that I no longer have my local channels. Now I have the national west feeds instead. My question is this:

I wouldn't mind retaining the national locals in addition to my locals, but I fear that if I call to have it corrected, then not only would I likely lose the nationals but I run the risk of them screwing up the working MRV.

Does someone with the LA locals know if they also have the national west feeds as well, i.e. the 381-399 range? If so, then if I call to correct, then I'd know for certain that I would lose the nationals.

This way I can then decide based upon the answer.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Paul

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

Since you weren't grandfathered under the law, it is illegal for you to have both national and local feeds. You should have your locals.

#3 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

*Recently Declassified

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

If you are legally entitled to Los Angeles locals, then you will also be able to see them in the national DNS channel range, but only for CBS, NBC, and FOX West. CW West is a San Diego station so you would not get that (we in San Diego do, however, see the CW West feed)

However if you are in San Francisco, then no, you will not be able to see the DNS feeds.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA
Network+, Security+, All-around NiceGuy™

spam firewall