Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does HR24 allow separate room viewing without a receiver?

hr24

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

Thanks again guys for all your help.

I'm probably going to go ahead with two HR24's and one H24....I'll either get the 2nd HR24 from DirectTV or someplace like overstock.com.

I'll probably wait a month or two. Looks like I have 5 months left on my Dish contract and they will charge me $10 a month for each remaining month. I tried to get DirectTV to help me with that cancellation fee, but they said they couldn't.

Since it looks like the current promotions go until 7/15, I'll sit tight for a bit.

Thanks again.

Rich

Looks like you have all your ducks in a row Rich. You are coming into a great time with DirecTV, and if you have any further questions you know where to come.
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,822 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

and again we have a nonsense posting derailing the question being asked. :nono:

Are either one or both of the statements that I made incorrect?

The nonsense is that nearly 50% of the recent post activity for the last few days on DBSTalk.com seems to be different threads discussing implementation of "Whole-Home DVR service" from DIRECTV. Apparently the answers offered thus far have not been getting the job done.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#23 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,644 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

OK, enough. Please get back to topic or this thread will be closed. If you feel you have nothing to add to the topic, please do not post.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#24 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,040 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

Yes.

Stick to services you subscribe to. As usual, your information is just "right enough" to get people confused.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#25 OFFLINE   dlvh

dlvh

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

The nonsense is that nearly 50% of the recent post activity for the last few days on DBSTalk.com seems to be different threads discussing implementation of "Whole-Home DVR service" from DIRECTV. Apparently the answers offered thus far have not been getting the job done.

I apologize for my previous posts, and have deleted them.
D* Subscriber since 2006
1 HR21-700
1 HR23-700
1 HR24-500
SlimLine 5-LNB Ka/Ku Dish

#26 OFFLINE   Fabuloso

Fabuloso

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

a long time ago like 5+ years DTV had the MRR (multi room receiver) that was basically like the dish network setup. you could run a second tv off of coax and use a mouse like device called a dongle connected in line to change the channel. the only bad thing was that the second TV had to be on the cable setting of the TV's antenna input. Techs had a hard time actually programming the TV and educating the customers to this effect, really it just worked on ch's 14-125. maybe if the OP wanted to do some hunting he could find one

Edited by Fabuloso, 25 May 2010 - 09:08 AM.
spelling typo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hr24

spam firewall