Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Mediashare ? on sharing photos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

sorry if this is not the right place to post but I thought it would be the most appropriate... When I connect to my computer to view pictures from the start of selecting "Menu" on the remote until I actually start viewing pictures on the TV it takes about 4 to 5 minutes, is this normal or should it be quicker. I am using Win 7 and whatever version of media center that came with it. Am I doing something wrong or is it just on the slow side? Each screen I go through takes about 50 or 60 seconds to load.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

Lots of variables here. Could be how your network is set up, could be the size of the pictures.

Are you hardwired or wireless?
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#3 OFFLINE   tsbrady1

tsbrady1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

Hardwired with DECA, pictures are all from a Canon digital camera in .jpeg format, I don't think they are real big, I do have about 3500 pictures in the My Pictures folder in sub folders by date, around 200 sub folders looks like pix size averages about 3,500kb

#4 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

Try doing a test by moving some of those pictures to a temporary folder to see if its the amount thats giving you the problem. Its worth a try. Your network sounds as solid as it can be, so that means it could be your computer causing the slowdown.

I prefer tversity myself [as a server]. http://tversity.com/
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#5 OFFLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

It's having a large number of pictures in a folder that makes it slow, since Mediashare gets information about everything in a folder and sorts it before showing you anything.
Greg

spam firewall