Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

media share

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bezlar

bezlar

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

What program is is everyone using for media share? Will windows media share work?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,940 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Windows Media Player (version 11 or higher) will work.

The DVRs will only accept the following file types:
Music - LPCM (wav)
Video - MPEG2
Pictures - JPEG

WMP will transcode MP3 audio files, but not other types. Some other servers can transcode many different file types. Commonly used media servers for Windows computers include Tversity, Playon, Orb and Serviio.

#3 ONLINE   GregLee

GregLee

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

There is little information about servers in this subforum, but there is quite a lot in the Tips & Resources subforum. I wish it could be moved here. Earlier, I posted some server pointers.

Mediashare now accepts MP3 music files, as well as LPCM. (I'm not sure the version that does is in national release, though.)
Greg

#4 OFFLINE   azphi

azphi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

I am running windows media 12 on the windows 7 os. How do I sync the computer to my reciever?

LouPenya

#5 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

I have PlayOn, Tversity and WMP 11, but I use PlayOn the most as it does the most for the lowest cost. I can access Hulu, CBS, NetFlix and YouTube (among others) through PlayOn. I have Windows XP Pro on my computer.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

spam firewall