Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bug in MRV?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pennStateFootball

pennStateFootball

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Last night, the Phillies/Red Sox game was on FOX starting at 7 lasting 3 hours. I added 1.5 hours padding to it. I went to watch it on a different DVR and it could only show 3 hours. The DVR I recorded it on could see 4.5 hours. Has anyone else seen this?

At least there is a workaround, just set a manual recording. But it is quite annoying.

They also really need a software update that will allow one DVR to set recordings on another DVR. I'm sure that will come.

To me, this MRV is in it's very infant stages and I think will become phenomenal when they fully develop it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rsblaski

rsblaski

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

I've had this happen several times (with padding for NASCAR races). Other times, the whole padding does show up.
When the padding doesn't show up on the time line, I could still watch the remaining recording, just couldn't use trick play. If trick play was tried, the recording would jump back to the end of the originally scheduled time.
As I said, this only happened a few times. I haven't run into this in quite some time.
Did you add the padding after the recording started? I think that may have been the case when I had problems.

And YES, collaborative scheduling is a big item on many wish lists. Hopefully this will come soon now that MRV is a reality.
Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better. (This does NOT apply to remote controls!)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...