Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Distance limitations on DECA to receiver?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

I finally bit the bullet and order some DECA's. But I have one receiver that has the potential to cause me issues. It is very hard to make changes to it. Right now it is running off of a WB616 with both lines and ethernet for MRV.

Would I be able to put the DECA module near the SWM which is about 50' away from the receiver? I have a dedicated CAT5 to this location, so I can just plug it in to the DECA as well. The only thing that would really change is the DECA module would be 50' instead of 6" away from the receiver (HR21-700).

Thanks.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,695 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

:confused: why?
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   rsblaski

rsblaski

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

How would you connect the ethernet cable from the DECA to the receiver?
Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better. (This does NOT apply to remote controls!)

#4 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

The receiver is in a built-in cabinet. To get access to the back of it requires removing a 140# plasma, removing the panel behind it, removing the faux shelf. The TV is too heavy for my wife to help me with, so I need to get my neighbor -twice. Last time I just swapped out the HR20 that was there for the HR21, took me over and hour just to break down/replace the cabinetry. Its just a huge PITA.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#5 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

How would you connect the ethernet cable from the DECA to the receiver?

I have an ethernet cable connected now. The cable runs from the receiver to a wall plate, from the wall plate back to a scructured wiring cabinet. From there it runs to my switch. Instead of running it to the switch, I would run it to the DECA.

My Setup

#6 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,695 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

The receiver is in a built-in cabinet. To get access to the back of it requires removing a 140# plasma, removing the panel behind it, removing the faux shelf. The TV is too heavy for my wife to help me with, so I need to get my neighbor -twice. Last time I just swapped out the HR20 that was there for the HR21, took me over and hour just to break down/replace the cabinetry. Its just a huge PITA.

There is no reason a DECA with a long cat5 to the receiver wouldn't work.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall