Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My Installation of MRV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sturub

sturub

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

Tech arrives at 3:45 -

he must upgrade 2 d10s to d12
he must swap a r15 to hr24
then must connect total of 6 hd dvr and 2 hd and 2 non hd receivers
hr20-700 - 3
hr21 - 2
hr 24 - 1
d12 - 2
h21 - 2

comes in with 5 deca boxes - checks out configuration. Calls in to his office needing 2 8 way splitters and swm 16 box.
then he does the swaps first and notices that my 103 signals are low. changes out LNB, then swaps the entire dish.
after dish is in - supervisor has the swm and splitters and they go to work.

i helped with the router and did that while they worked in the closet. when attached everything worked, all networked, and am in process of renaming all my dvrs.

they did an amazing job.. new the equipment, new how it worked and how to attach it. great guys too.

took them about 4 hours. really worked hard and cared about everything. I made sure i tipped them well.

great experience........i live in baltimore.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,490 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

Good to hear, sounds like these installs are starting to go much better. I would imagine that that trend will continue.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 ONLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

Tech arrives at 3:45 -

he must upgrade 2 d10s to d12
he must swap a r15 to hr24
then must connect total of 6 hd dvr and 2 hd and 2 non hd receivers
hr20-700 - 3
hr21 - 2
hr 24 - 1
d12 - 2
h21 - 2

comes in with 5 deca boxes - checks out configuration. Calls in to his office needing 2 8 way splitters and swm 16 box.
then he does the swaps first and notices that my 103 signals are low. changes out LNB, then swaps the entire dish.
after dish is in - supervisor has the swm and splitters and they go to work.

i helped with the router and did that while they worked in the closet. when attached everything worked, all networked, and am in process of renaming all my dvrs.

they did an amazing job.. new the equipment, new how it worked and how to attach it. great guys too.

took them about 4 hours. really worked hard and cared about everything. I made sure i tipped them well.

great experience........i live in baltimore.

That is one of the D* TV OWNED HSP Area. That might difference.:)
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...