Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do you know if WHDS is active?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gpuvalowski

gpuvalowski

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:20 AM

I have an HR22 and R22. I realize people have had problems with the R22's getting WHDS. I sent a message to D* and basically told them to just activate the service. Here is the response I got.

"Thank you for writing. I understand that you would like to add the Whole Home DVR service to your account and I would be happy to assist you. Please know that I have added the Whole Home DVR service to your account and that DIRECTV does not support the connection setup that you have for the Whole Home DVR service.

Thank you again for writing.
Sincerely,"

The thing is on my receivers under the Multi-Room the status still says not Authorized.

How do I know the D* person actually turned it on. I figure even if my R22 were to not work it still should say "Authorized" on my HR22.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:27 AM

One way to tell if it works is to try it :D

My R22 says authorized as do my other receivers, and I went the unsupported route.

Sign into your online account and see what is says under the services tab for whole home and report back.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:51 AM

If it has been authorized, it should say that under the Multi-Room heading on the setup menu of your receivers. Also, as Matt mentioned, you can go to your account on-line and look under services to see what is says about MRV. It will probably either say "Not Eligible", "Activated", or "Not Activated".

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

If, when you log into directv.com, it says "Currently Active" under WHDVR, you can try refreshing your services on all receivers.

http://www.directv.com/resend

#5 OFFLINE   gpuvalowski

gpuvalowski

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

It says on the DTV website that WHDS is "Not Eligible" with it being kinda greyed out. then under that it says call to activate.

What should my next step be?

#6 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

It says on the DTV website that WHDS is "Not Eligible" with it being kinda greyed out. then under that it says call to activate.

You might also check the Recent Activity tab, to see if there is an attempt to add WHDS.

#7 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

Looks like it was not added properly. I would call DIRECTV and see if a CSR can activate it for you.

#8 ONLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,101 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Looks like it was not added properly. I would call DIRECTV and see if a CSR can activate it for you.

Or, properly not added. A HD DVR and another HD receiver or DVR is required. A R22 does not satisfy the requirement (but will work if you have other receivers which do).

#9 OFFLINE   bheymanson

bheymanson

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

I had a similar situation -- the web site reported the same thing. The first CSR tried to tell me that they couldn't activate WHDS with only two DVRs, that I need a 3rd receiver in the mix. I called BS, dialled back and spoke to another CSR who realized that my programming package was a little older, and that they had to update that to get the WHDS to work. Of course, that meant an extra $1 on my bill, but not much in the way of options. Everything is hunky dory now.

#10 OFFLINE   gpuvalowski

gpuvalowski

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

Under my recent activity I see that it was activated 3 times and disconnected right afterwards.

MATT1124-If you have R22's that work how did you get it activated????

#11 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

I didn't even realize I guess that you only had an HR22 and an R22. You need to have another HD receiver, that is probably why it keeps getting added and dropping off.

I was able to use mine because I have 2 HD receivers on my account along with the R22.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...