Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Outdoor Viewing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hd4me

hd4me

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts
  • LocationHamburg, NJ

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

I would like to stream tv, movies out to my gazebo approximately 40' away from my DVR HR22. My connection is a slow DSL with this speed:

Posted Image

Just wondering if this will work. I have a Linksys N router with a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and projector(to be purchased). Currently I use Tversity. Anyone recommend any other software?

Thanks for all your help. These boards are lifesavers.

DTV/NFL ticket since 1997
40" Samsung Smart Tv - Family Room
Denon AVR-1613 Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:21 AM

I don't see the issue here... 40' isn't a great deal of distance for a decent HDMI cable and if you can stream thru your HR now to your TV there isn't going to be an issue with that 40'.

While you DSL is on the slower side, you should be able to stream SD with no problem, but HD may be a little iffy depending on the source, i.e. Netflix would probably down rez your resolution.
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

Your DSL connection shouldn't have an impact....

If you are streaming on your local lan, it isn't going out on your DSL line.

As suggested, a long HDMI cable (check www.monoprice.com) or maybe even a wireless transmitter.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   hd4me

hd4me

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts
  • LocationHamburg, NJ

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

Maybe I didnt clarify myself and also not tech savy in the least. This I assume cannot be done via wireless?

DTV/NFL ticket since 1997
40" Samsung Smart Tv - Family Room
Denon AVR-1613 Receiver

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,169 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

Maybe I didnt clarify myself and also not tech savy in the least. This I assume cannot be done via wireless?

It may be possible to set up a suitable computer in the gazebo and run DIRECTV2PC wireless. The recommended solution is hardwired video and audio cabling as pointed out above. Wireless solutions for transmitting HD audio and video are prohibitively expensive.

Your Internet connection has absolutely nothing to do with what you're trying to accomplish.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...