Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Deca shell game

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,816 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

CSR's are confused on when the commitment kicks in.

When I scheduled my DECA install, all my receivers were compatible. But yet CSR read back to me that I was signing up for 2 year commitment. I corrected him and he disagreed. I politely suggested he call his supr. Then he got back on, said no commitment and wrote some notes in the log. I then had him read it back to me word for word so the language was clear on this.

After above call was complete and I hung up, called back 5 mins later and asked next CSR a question on install date and asked if I had a commitment. He said notes show that there is no commitment. I have date and time of call for log if ever there's an issue.

BTW, I don't have any desire to leave Directv within next two years. But if I have to for some unforeseen reason, wouldn't want any issue.

The key is politely ask the CSR to get help if you think they are wrong.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall