Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Confused!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ivoaraujo

ivoaraujo

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

I just got off the phone with Directv CSR and inquiring on the whole home dvr.
I have 1 HR 20-700, 1 HR 21-700, 1 HR 23-700. The HR 21 I just received at the beginning of March. She told me I needed to swap all my equipment and pay $99 for equipment and $49 for install. Then she said that she needed to cancel my order and redo order. (Only order was HR 21 on March 1) Well, I know, through this web site that my receiver equipment can be used for MRV but I need Swm (I still have 2 wires to each unit.)
So, I know she doesn't know what she is talking about, and frankly, I didn't understand about canceling some order and redoing it.

I am interested in MRV and just want to know what is involved in getting equipped to handle it. Cost of Equip. and install? I understand that it is 3 dollars a month for the service.

Can someone help me?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jpitlick

jpitlick

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

The cost to get the Whole Home DVR from D* is $99 for the SWM/DECA equipment and $49 for the installation. That part that the CSR told you was correct. She was mistaken about the compatibility of your current DVRs, which are all compatible. The only DVR that sometimes has issues with DECA is the HR20-100, which you do not have.

HR20-700 attached via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR605S connected via HDMI to a Sony KDF-42WE655 42" Grand Vega Rear Projection LCD
H21-100 attached via HDMI to Sceptre X246W-1080P 24" LCD and attached via S-Video to Windows 7 PC w/Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600
HR22-100 attached via HDMI to a ProScan 32LB30Q 32" LCD
SWM-8/STS-4
SlimLine Dish w/SL5 LNB
All receviers connected to gigabit switches and 25/25 Mbps FiOS

#3 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

Should be $99 for the equipment, and $49 for installation. It will include everything you need including SWM and DECA.

#4 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

Call back. Get a different CSR who knows what's going on.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

Also, make sure you specify that you'll need your Internet connected. If you don't specifically tell them that, they won't bring the extra DECA you'll need to do so.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...