Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Placement of power inserter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Registered
  • 404 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

The first installation was done without MRV with internet and the power inserter was placed in back of dvr in living room. Today I had MRV with Internet completed and power inserter is still in back of DVR in living room--not connected to router, which is in my den. The router and another HR24 is in my den. Both are HR24 DVRs and I have one H24 upstairs. I thought the power inserter is supposed to be somewhere near the router or near closest DVR to router--no?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

I think you're confusing the Power Inserter with the Broadband DECA. The SWiM power inserter can be almost anywhere. Mine's in the living room too. The Broadband DECA needs to be connected to both your home network and its own power inserter.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

I think you're confusing the Power Inserter with the Broadband DECA. The SWiM power inserter can be almost anywhere. Mine's in the living room too. The Broadband DECA needs to be connected to both your home network and its own power inserter.

By its own power inserter I assume you mean power adapter that goes from Deca Broadband to AC wall outlet? There is no power inserter like I have in living room in back of DVR in my den where Deca Broadband is connected to router.

#4 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

By its own power inserter I assume you mean power adapter that goes from Deca Broadband to AC wall outlet? There is no power inserter like I have in living room in back of DVR in my den where Deca Broadband is connected to router.

There are a couple of different types of power inserters. The one for the DECA may have a single F-Connecter on it so that it attaches directly to the pigtail from the DECA.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Cavicchi

Cavicchi

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts
  • LocationEffort, PA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

There are a couple of different types of power inserters. The one for the DECA may have a single F-Connecter on it so that it attaches directly to the pigtail from the DECA.

That appears to be what I have connected to the Deca module, no light, just as a power source for Deca.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...