Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR10-250 -does it need b band connectors?

swm

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   circadianswing

circadianswing

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm hanging onto my HR10-250 tivo/hd dvr because I like how fast it changes the channel and the dual channel buffer. I do have HR21 and it has it's benefits as well.

My question is, I notice the quality of the tv on the HR10-250 is like standard def, even though it's plugged into a 1080i HD 32" LCD tv. Do I need those B band connectors that are hanging off my HR20 unit, as I notice I can't even get some HD channels on the HR10-250 unit.

it's been a long time since I thought about it, but just had the guy come over who replaced my dish and I forgot to ask him.

thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

The HR10 250 will not be able to see a majority of the HD channels that have been launched in the last year or 2 or 3 or so the connectors will not make a difference time to put that thing in the museum.

#3 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

Are there even any channels left in MPEG2? Most (if not all) of the HD programming has moved to MPEG4 which the HR10-250 can't receive.

#4 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

My question is, I notice the quality of the tv on the HR10-250 is like standard def, even though it's plugged into a 1080i HD 32" LCD tv.

Sorry to tell you this, but it looks like SD because it is SD. The HR10-250 is no longer a HD DVR, unless you are getting channels via OTA antenna.
Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8
Slimline5 w/ no LOS to 119 Slimline3

#5 OFFLINE   circadianswing

circadianswing

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

thanks for your responses, I think I recall that was what happened some time ago. maybe I'll hold out for the next tivo based unit.

#6 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,055 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

thanks for your responses, I think I recall that was what happened some time ago. maybe I'll hold out for the next tivo based unit.

I hope you are a very patient person. It may be a while.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#7 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

I hope you are a very patient person. It may be a while.

:lol:
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#8 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

I'm hanging onto my HR10-250 tivo/hd dvr because I like how fast it changes the channel and the dual channel buffer. I do have HR21 and it has it's benefits as well.

You are aware that all the HR2x series DVR now have dual-live buffers (it's called DoublePlay) and the new HR24 is supposedly pretty fast.

#9 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

You are aware that all the HR2x series DVR now have dual-live buffers (it's called DoublePlay) and the new HR24 is supposedly pretty fast.

The HR24 is very fast, but still lags significantly when changing channels. Everything else about it is blazing, though.

#10 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:16 AM

funny, everytime I see this the old song "In the year 2525" comes to mind, not sure why but it does

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

spam firewall