Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

mrv question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tWs|BullDog

tWs|BullDog

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:35 PM

I have an HR20,HR21 and a HR24-500 all connected via ethernet. I donot have any HD non dvrs. Can i still use the MRV and share my playlist between 3 HD dvrs. I spoke to a CSR from directv who wanted to charge me 150 bucks to set it up, but before i do that i want to make sure it will work first

Fred

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djrobx

djrobx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

I have an HR20,HR21 and a HR24-500 all connected via ethernet. I donot have any HD non dvrs. Can i still use the MRV and share my playlist between 3 HD dvrs. I spoke to a CSR from directv who wanted to charge me 150 bucks to set it up, but before i do that i want to make sure it will work first

Fred

Yes.

For the fee, DIRECTV will come and replace your perfectly good ethernet network with DECA coax based networking. Unfortunately it appears that if you were not a part of the BETA they will not allow you to use your ethernet network.

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

Unfortunately it appears that if you were not a part of the BETA they will not allow you to use your ethernet network.

This is wrong. I just got it turned on yesterday using my home ethernet network Check out this thread if you want to use your home network instead of DECA.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=177590

#4 OFFLINE   tWs|BullDog

tWs|BullDog

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

that doesnt really anwser my questions. I want to know can i use a hddvr to watch something recored on another HD dvr. I thought at least in the beta it was only hd non dvr boxes could only play items from hddvrs

Fred

#5 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

that doesnt really anwser my questions. I want to know can i use a hddvr to watch something recored on another HD dvr. I thought at least in the beta it was only hd non dvr boxes could only play items from hddvrs

Any HD receiver or HD DVR can play things recorded on any HD DVR. Same in Beta. Currently you can schedule a recording on any HD DVR from an HD receiver, but not from a different DVR.

DIRECTV and NFL-ST since 1994, Slimline w/SL5 LNB, SWiM-16
HR44-700; 2x HR24-500; HR22-100; H25-500; C31-700; GenieGo
Gigabit Ethernet (DirecTV DECA); 2.4 and 5GHz 802.11n; HD Slingbox

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,767 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Fred

If you get the "whole home DVR" service added to your account, yes you can watch recordings from any DVR you have with another DVR.
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   tWs|BullDog

tWs|BullDog

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

thank you for the anwser, now i have to try and get it added with out have have to pay for deca install

Fred

#8 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,600 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

thank you for the anwser, now i have to try and get it added with out have have to pay for deca install

Fred

Look at Doug's sticky post at the top of this forum.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

Protected By... spam firewall...And...