Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

R22-200 - MRV Issue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ltrain20

ltrain20

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

MRV Experts
Install today and installer was good but we are having an issue with MRV and Ethernet on a R22-200 they brought to replace a R15.

My System

SWiM16 was installed today. Installer followed the pictures posted as well.

HR20-100 - Deca, ethernet cable etc all installed based on picture number 1 and is working and see other DVRs and they see it

HR20-700 - Deca, ethernet cable etc all installed and working and see other DVRs and they see it.

HR22-100 - Deca, ethernet cable etc all installed and working and see other DVRs and they see it.

Deca is connected to Router to provide internet access

H24 installed and working. It sees the other 3 HDVRs but the R22-200.

Now the R22-200. The DECA is connect and all 3 lights are green but it is not wanting to connect to the network. Also I HD access and the HD channels are not showing up. Software is 0x3A8 Forcing software download does not bring up latest version.

I know I probably forgot something.

DBSTalk gurus please help...

Any ideas?
Toshiba 65HM167 via HDMI
HR20-100 - HDMI out - Optical out to Processor -
Toshiba 46H84 via HDMI/DVI
HR20-700 - HDMI out - Optical to Receiver
HR22-100 HDMI out to Samsung 46UN6000
other receivers R22-200 and H24

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tech_1438

Tech_1438

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

MRV Experts
Install today and installer was good but we are having an issue with MRV and Ethernet on a R22-200 they brought to replace a R15.

Now the R22-200. The DECA is connect and all 3 lights are green but it is not wanting to connect to the network. Also I HD access and the HD channels are not showing up. Software is 0x3A8 Forcing software download does not bring up latest version.

Any ideas?

0x3A8 is the current version.

Press and hold the INFO button on the remote, until the Sytem and Info screen appears. You should see R22(with HD)/200. Toggle over and choose "Display", then "Preferences", Then "Guide HD Channels", Select "Hide SD duplicates".

I would re-run the network setup, followed by a red-button reset, then check network connectivity on the R22.

Good Luck!!

#3 OFFLINE   ltrain20

ltrain20

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

I apologize as I should have said as well the network screen was saying not ethernet connect.

So I just switched the ethernet cable from the DECA into the bottom ethernet port (Ethernet 2) and it seems to be working.

Right now it was not letting network services work and I was getting an <202> message

i just did a red button reset.

Anyone see any issue with using port 2 or is that how it works on the R22-200s?

Edited by ltrain20, 25 May 2010 - 09:02 PM.

Toshiba 65HM167 via HDMI

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

I apologize as I should have said as well the network screen was saying not ethernet connect.

So I just switched the ethernet cable from the DECA into the bottom ethernet port (Ethernet 2) and it seems to be working.

Right now it was not letting network services work and I was hetting an <n202> message

i just did a red button reset.

Anyone see any issue with using port 2 or is that how it works on the R22-200s?

Technically, that shouldn't work although other people have reported that their ethernet connectivity will not work unless they use the bottom ethernet port and not the top. I would almost have to say that in these cases there is some sort of manufacturing defect where the ethernet port(s) have not been set up correctly.

Just as a test, have you tried swapping the DECA that is currently on the R22 with one of your other receivers?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Technically, that shouldn't work although other people have reported that their ethernet connectivity will not work unless they use the bottom ethernet port and not the top. I would almost have to say that in these cases there is some sort of manufacturing defect where the ethernet port(s) have not been set up correctly.

Just as a test, have you tried swapping the DECA that is currently on the R22 with one of your other receivers?

- Merg

There have been a few cases where the ethernet ports swapped. Sometimes after a download they will swap back to the correct position.
Just goes to show these are software/driver driven and not "normal" switches.
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

There have been a few cases where the ethernet ports swapped. Sometimes after a download they will swap back to the correct position.
Just goes to show these are software/driver driven and not "normal" switches.

True dat. True dat. :)

- Merg

#7 OFFLINE   ltrain20

ltrain20

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

Thanks All

I will watch this and see if after new software is forced it swaps back.

Everything is seeing each other now.

What is the network services used for?

I cannot get it to work on the R22-200 and the HR20-700. I have not checked the HR22-100 as my wife is watching dancing with the stars and i value my life.

I know it works on the HR20-100 but I also had this received hooked up to my router before the MRV install.

I can see On Demand channels on all TVs and the TV apps is working on all of them.

thanks for the help - I have learned alot through the years on here.

The installer was good but I was able to correct him on a few items as he had not done a HR20-100 but did have the diagram without the bandstop and it did work.

thanks!!!!
Toshiba 65HM167 via HDMI

#8 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

Network Services is not used for anything right now.

- Merg

#9 OFFLINE   ltrain20

ltrain20

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Thanks Merg!

I will not worry about the network services piece.

I will tell the installer that switching the ethernet port solved it, We discussed before he left but he said all documentation says only use top port and so did the on-screen menus.

Funny thing was the lights lit up on the second port once I switched to it. That at least gave me some hope..

I even got an extra DECA out of the deal as he left one and a couple band stop filters in case the HR20-100 for soem reason acted up and had to have the spliter moved to in front of the DECA like option #2.

thanks for the ehlp tonight!!

Wife already likes the MRV option in all rooms!!!
Toshiba 65HM167 via HDMI

#10 OFFLINE   ltrain20

ltrain20

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

- Merg

I may try a differnt Deca just to make sure it was not an issue but for tonight I am going to leave it alone as it is working.

Sometime when the wife if not around I will try this as she find all of the messing with the TV and receivers annoying.
Toshiba 65HM167 via HDMI

Protected By... spam firewall...And...