I am considering getting MRV installed in my home but I have several questions/concerns about MRV.
1. I currently have two HD DVRs and two HD receivers. If I got MRV and were to record 2 shows on each of my HD DVRs, how does this affect what I can watch on my other two HD receivers? For example could I still watch live TV on each of these receivers or would me recording 4 shows at one time on the other two HD DVRs limit me to watching only some other previously recorded show?
2. Also if the same scenario existed above ( 4 recordings being done), does this mean that I would not be able to pause live TV on my 2 HD receivers since 4 recordings are occuring?
3. My other concern is how would getting whole home DVR affect my current wireless setup on my HR24-500? I currently have it connected to the internet wirelessly so I could do on demand if I wanted to.
Thanks for any feed back anyone can give me.
1. There would be no effect on what you can watch on your two HD receivers. You could either watch live TV, or a recorded program stored on one of the two HDDVRs.
2. As it is currently without MRV, you would not be able to pause live TV on your HD receivers regardless of what's being recorded or not being recorded on the HDDVRs. But if you want to simulate the effect of being able to pause live TV on the HD receiver, you can tell it to record the program you're watching to one of the HDDVRs (you can do this right from the HD rcvr) and then play it back via MRV.
3. Make sure when you signup for MRV that you tell them you need it with internet connectivity. Your wireless setup will no longer be needed. A DECA will be connected to your router and then internet functions such as on demand will go through your MRV/DECA setup. It will be faster since you'll be using a hard wire instead of wireless.
With the 4 receivers you have, you've got a great setup for MRV... you won't need to purchase any hardware outside of what's included in the $149 installation charge. I say go for it!