Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can a broadband DECA be connected to a WET610N?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

The tech will be here soon, and last time he said he didn't know if it could be connected to a 610N. I can bring my router down, but hoping to avoid that.

I have DECA for MRV, this would just be for the fairly seldom used Internet connection (I don't do much On Demand and can wait for a chunk to download.)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,887 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Yes, it works fine for the internet connection.

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,062 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

IIRC from the training documentation, if you ordered the internet connection along with the connected home install then the installer is supposed to run a new coax run to where the customer has their router as part of the install. S

Of course they would do that the easiest way, like via outside walls, if you want a wall fish they could charge extra for that.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Yes the broadband DECA can be hooked up to powerline or wireless ethernet adapters if you don't have a coax line available near your internet router. It may slow down your On Demand, Media Share, or TV apps performance but it shouldn't influence MRV at all.

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

IIRC from the training documentation, if you ordered the internet connection along with the connected home install then the installer is supposed to run a new coax run to where the customer has their router as part of the install. S

Of course they would do that the easiest way, like via outside walls, if you want a wall fish they could charge extra for that.

The computer room is on the other side of the house, so would like to avoid that. Hoping this goes well. This is the third time for them coming out. First guy wouldn't install it at all because I made the mistake of not specifying it when I ordered, the second guy couldn't do it because all he had was regular DECAs and power inserters and they are requiring him to use the broadband deca. Also hoping it's the second tech, he reads DBSTalk :)

Couldn't see any reason that wouldn't work, but thanks for the confirmation.

Install is done, third tech. At first, he said he'd have to reschedule as he didn't have a broadband deca, they were at the warehouse. Like deja vu. I was able to convince him to try it though, I just had to tell him how to do it. Originally he told me to just use the second port on my DVR...but DECA with power injector is connected.

Edited by dpeters11, 26 May 2010 - 04:11 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...