Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Forced to buy HD receiver?
Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:17 AM
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:37 AM
You really need to give more details, like
1) How long has your friend been a subscriber
2) Is he currently all SD and looking to upgrade to HD, or does he have the current HD setup and just looking to upgrade one receiver
3) Is he receiving any other discounts from DirecTV
4) When was the last deal he got (discounted receiver, programming discounts, mover's connection, etc)
5) Is the price he's being quoted the full price or a discounted price on the receiver (HD = 99 and HDDVR = 199 full price for upfront lease payment)
Even knowing this, no one can give you the magic words to get a free receiver, plus DirecTV is not giving out discounts and credits as freely as they used to, there is a limit to what they will offer.
Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:10 AM
I bet the price that may have been quoted also includes an upgrade of the dish. What about MRV/DECA?
A friend of mine who is a D* sub wants to upgrade to HD but is being told by a CSR he has to buy his receiver outright. He insists his account is in good standing and is getting nowhere with repeated phone calls. Can anyone help? Thanks!
We need details.
Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:05 PM