Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV Pad Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   plehrack

plehrack

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

I just upgraded to Whole Home (DECA/SWM) and had an interesting issue that I never experienced when MRV was in beta and I was connecting via Ethernet. I recorded a baseball game on an HR24 and added a 3 hour pad (Dodgers games take forever for whatever reason).

I watched the first 3.25 hours and decided to watch the rest from bed on an HR22, all seemed well at first. I had the option to resume, so I did and the game started at the 3 hour mark which was also the normal length of the recording without the added 3 hour pad. The Info showed that the recording was 5+ hours but the timeline only showed 3 hours.

I realized after a few seconds that I'd seen all of this before, I was about 30 minutes behind where I left off. I fast forwarded but the timeline showed that I was at the end. I could not advance the program using any method except playing the game in real time from the 3 hour mark.

I tried 15 minutes later to FF again but the game skipped back to the end of the timeline/3 hour mark and I had to watch everything I had already seen 2x before in real time again. I tried a few more times, same thing... everything jumped me back to the 3 hour mark.

I have not had time to see if padding worked via MRV on any other DVR combination, anyone else have this happen?

Peter

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MurrayW

MurrayW

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

I just upgraded to Whole Home (DECA/SWM) and had an interesting issue that I never experienced when MRV was in beta and I was connecting via Ethernet. I recorded a baseball game on an HR24 and added a 3 hour pad (Dodgers games take forever for whatever reason).

I watched the first 3.25 hours and decided to watch the rest from bed on an HR22, all seemed well at first. I had the option to resume, so I did and the game started at the 3 hour mark which was also the normal length of the recording without the added 3 hour pad. The Info showed that the recording was 5+ hours but the timeline only showed 3 hours.

I realized after a few seconds that I'd seen all of this before, I was about 30 minutes behind where I left off. I fast forwarded but the timeline showed that I was at the end. I could not advance the program using any method except playing the game in real time from the 3 hour mark.

I tried 15 minutes later to FF again but the game skipped back to the end of the timeline/3 hour mark and I had to watch everything I had already seen 2x before in real time again. I tried a few more times, same thing... everything jumped me back to the 3 hour mark.

I have not had time to see if padding worked via MRV on any other DVR combination, anyone else have this happen?

Peter

I am seeing the exact same issue when watching Yankee games on the YES network. I have a series link set up to record them and add 3hrs on one of my HR20-700's. I like to watch them on my HR24-500 because it is the most responsive. I have no problems fast forwarding, rewinding or using the 30 sec skip up to the 3 hour point. Once it reaches 3 hours, I can still watch the game beyond that point, but can't use any of the transport controls. I haven't checked on any of my other HR20's or HR21 to see if this behavior is isolated to the HR24 or is a problem on the other DVR's using MRV. What I end up having to do is to switch to the local HR20 to watch the remainder of the game.

#3 OFFLINE   MurrayW

MurrayW

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

Can anyone verify that they are NOT seeing this?

#4 OFFLINE   plehrack

plehrack

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

I appear to have received a software update on my HR24 as the pad issue and my previously reported On Demand background issue have both vanished... all is working as expected now.

Peter

spam firewall