Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

STELA is a Law!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,648 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:04 AM

Statement by the Press Secretary on H.R. 5014; the Federal Judiciary Administrative Improvements Act; and the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act

On Thursday, May 27, 2010, the President signed into law:

H.R. 5014, which clarifies that certain health care programs, as determined by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, would qualify as minimum essential coverage for the purposes of the Patient protection and Affordable Care Act;

S. 1782, the “Federal Judiciary Administrative Improvements Act of 2010,” which makes changes to several Federal court procedures intended to improve the administration of Federal courts; and

S. 3333, the “Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010,” which extends from May 31, 2010, to December 31, 2014, the statutory licenses that permit satellite television service providers to retransmit television broadcast station signals to subscribers located within a station’s local market area; and allow satellite television service providers to offer broadcast network signals to subscribers who cannot receive such signals through the use of a conventional television antenna.

http://www.whitehous...mprovements-act

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,881 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

"Whoop-dee-doo, Basil, but what does it all mean?" ;)

But really, what does this mean for those who are legally receiving DDS's? And have been since they were lit up. Do they have to take them away even after a local market's DS are supplied by satellite?

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#3 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 951 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

I have no locals.. I have my distant networks.. but.. now the locals are offered but I didn't take them..

what does stela mean for me.. how does it affect me? what are the good points for me or the possible bad points..

tell us ..

spam firewall