Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Why didn't they put a 1TB+ drive in the HR24?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,059 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

Isn't time to split the thread or at least stop posting off-topic ?
:backtotop:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#122 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,111 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Isn't time to split the thread or at least stop posting off-topic ?
:backtotop:

Yes!

Since you seem to have missed my point, I'll lay it out.

DIRECTV made much the same promises on a much grander scale before and eventually scrapped the projects as you point out. While prior performance isn't a clear indicator, it does give some strong hints.

In combination with calling MRV the "Whole Home DVR Service", it should at least make one wonder why they didn't reserve that honor for the client-server setup.

This line of discussion is ridiculous.

You are deviating this thread in the worst way. For your information, I can see contents of any of my DirecTV HD DVRs anywhere in my whole home - so the name and technology fit each other. Enough already.

Perhaps you should go back to Post #1 and read the title thread before going on a redundant tangent of yesteryear and its related useless information, especially since it has nothing to do with the OP or thread topic. Troll elsewhere.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...