Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DPP 44 and legacy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

I have a legacy reciever (4900) connected to my DPP 44. Sopposedly it *should* work since the DPP44 has the built in adapter, but the only bird that it sees is 119 and only the odd transponders (i think). What am I doing wrong?? I have a dish 500, I believe its a DP twin.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,326 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have a legacy reciever (4900) connected to my DPP 44. Sopposedly it *should* work since the DPP44 has the built in adapter, but the only bird that it sees is 119 and only the odd transponders (i think). What am I doing wrong?? I have a dish 500, I believe its a DP twin.

Do you have other receivers connected to the DP44?
Are you using the power inserter on the port 1 receiver feed?

#3 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

power inserter on port 1. ports 1 an 2 connected to my 522. port 4 connected to the 4900.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,326 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

Have you tried moving the 4900 to port 3 ? I'm assuming the 522 is getting everything on both tuners.

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

It is *supposed* to work IF:

- There is a DPP44 power inserter feeding receiver port 1.
- There is a DP or DPP receiver connected to the power inserter, and thus to receiver port 1.
- The legacy receiver is connected to receiver port 2, 3, or 4.
- You run a Check Switch with "All" checked.

However, in the real world, this configuration only seems to work about half the time.

The real question is: why in the world are you still using a legacy receiver? Do you drive a horse and wagon to work? It's 2010, man! Dish It Up and get a 211 at least!

#6 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

I havent connected my 510 yet, been lazy. And I will be dishing it up to a 922 an then finally be rid of the 4900. (well sort of rid of it, I'll use it for AAD only). Its just right now, the only dish on my roof w/ an LNB in it is the DP twin, for now, UNTIL the installer comes to 'upgrade' to HD and the 922. After he leaves I'll go back up there an put a legacy lnb on 1 of the other dishes an all will be right again. I was just hoping to get it working in the interim.

and yes the 522 is working flawlessly. I was having trouble before w/ the 522 using a dp34 switch: Every 24 hours i'd hafta re-check-switch to get it see all birds, it kept losing birds overnight. So I finally added the elec. outlet in the attic an installed the dpp44. Hmmm is there a DP44? Or are all 44's DPP?

#7 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

There's no such thing as a DP44. The DPP44 is a DishPro Plus switch, so you could be using the Separator with the 522 to run it off just one line.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#8 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

i moved to port 3. rechecked switch selecting "alt" and at least now it sees all of 110 and half of 119.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...