Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Scary! Seems we got 2 Price Increases this year!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

Earlier in the year we got a rise in additional equipment price and now premium channels and package prices ect..... my bill went up 18 dollars due to equipment prices back in feb now another 5 dollars for package increases.. Bummer!! Supers went up a dollar premium's seem to have went up a dollar as well and other packages went up 2 dollars..
Bring On More HD!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:02 AM

Most of this has been and is being discussed in the Free HD for life thread.

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Earlier in the year we got a rise in additional equipment price and now premium channels and package prices ect..... my bill went up 18 dollars due to equipment prices back in feb now another 5 dollars for package increases.. Bummer!! Supers went up a dollar premium's seem to have went up a dollar as well and other packages went up 2 dollars..

As I posted yesterday, my June 1 bill for services for the period of June 17 - July 16 showed no increases. Do you have an increased bill?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

My new bill doesn't generate until 6/6.. But when I log into my account it shows my services with the new pricing beside the services.
Bring On More HD!

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

My new bill doesn't generate until 6/6.. But when I log into my account it shows my services with the new pricing beside the services.

Got it. I didn't look there this morning, but I see what they're doing. The thing to remember is that prior to August 2009, HD cost $10/mo. I'm going to post more over in the Free HD for life? is it so. thread.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Most of this has been and is being discussed in the Free HD for life thread.

What isn't posted in that thread is that DISH telegraphed the additional price hike back in Feb when they used "no package price increase in the first quarter" instead of "no package price increase this year". People opened threads about a 2nd increase but they all got locked (as speculative) before I ever noticed them to reply.

#7 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

What isn't posted in that thread is that DISH telegraphed the additional price hike back in Feb when they used "no package price increase in the first quarter" instead of "no package price increase this year". People opened threads about a 2nd increase but they all got locked (as speculative) before I ever noticed them to reply.

No in the Thread the talk about the price increase to AT200 and AT 250 and the premimums are talked about. Those comments my be hard to find but there is about 2 pages worth of discussion on the price increase on the package's and the effect of dropping HD with and without Platinum.

spam firewall