Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free HD for life (24 months for existing subs)

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#1981 OFFLINE   rainydave

rainydave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Just got an email with the subject: Your DIRECTV Free HD Confirmation

Here is a portion of the contents:

[ATTACH]29317[/ATTACH]

My bill is set to arrive next week so I will be sure to double check for it.

I received that email a few minutes ago. Just checked my account and I have the credit dated yesterday.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1982 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

Just recieved the following email - looks like they are extending the current free offer

Hello Valued Customer,

Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!

JUST A REMINDER

To continue to receive FREE HD Access, you simply need to maintain the following on your DIRECTV account during the 24-month offer period:

1. Auto Bill Pay
2. CHOICE™ or OPTIMO MÁS and above package
3. At least one(1) HD Receiver and HD Access

Failure to maintain these requirements will result in the $10 per month FREE HD Access credit being removed from your account.

NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE AUTO BILL PAY?

Please sign in to your account at directv.com. If it states "Not Enrolled," next to AUTO BILL PAY on your ACCOUNT OVERVIEW page, select "Set up" and register as soon as possible.

If you feel that you are receiving this message in error, please call DIRECTV at
1-800-531-5000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

#1983 OFFLINE   STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 615 posts
  • Location40241

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

I received that email a few minutes ago. Just checked my account and I have the credit dated yesterday.

I also just received it.
HR24-500 AM-21
HR24-200 AM-21
Direct TV Slimline-5S (SWM) DECA
Direct TV since 6/23/96.

#1984 OFFLINE   dondude32

dondude32

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Just got this email from directv. Have all required but no credit on my account yet.

Hello Valued Customer,

Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!

JUST A REMINDER

To continue to receive FREE HD Access, you simply need to maintain the following on your DIRECTV account during the 24-month offer period:

1. Auto Bill Pay
2. CHOICE™ or OPTIMO MÁS and above package
3. At least one(1) HD Receiver and HD Access

Failure to maintain these requirements will result in the $10 per month FREE HD Access credit being removed from your account.

NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE AUTO BILL PAY?

Please sign in to your account at directv.com. If it states "Not Enrolled," next to AUTO BILL PAY on your ACCOUNT OVERVIEW page, select "Set up" and register as soon as possible.

If you feel that you are receiving this message in error, please call DIRECTV at
1-800-531-5000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

OFFER INFORMATION
Available to customers with CHOICE or OPTIMO MÁS package or higher, at least one (1) HD receiver, HD Access and enrollment in Auto Bill Pay. IF BY THE END OF PROMOTIONAL PRICE PERIOD(S) CUSTOMER DOES NOT CONTACT DIRECTV TO CHANGE SERVICE THEN ALL SERVICES WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE AT THE THEN-PREVAILING RATES.

YOUR EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
This email was sent to DIRECTV reserves the right to contact you via email regarding your account. For details on how DIRECTV uses your information, please read our Privacy Policy. To receive special offer emails from DIRECTV or change your email address, manage your email here.

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Replies to this email address cannot be answered. For questions/concerns, email DIRECTV Customer Care here.

©2012 DIRECTV. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are trademarks of DIRECTV, LLC. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

DIRECTV, LLC | P.O. Box 6550 | Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550

#1985 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

I received the same email. Our bill ran yesterday & did NOT have the credit & there is no credit on the account as of right now. I'll see what happens next month.

#1986 OFFLINE   pappy97

pappy97

Icon

• No PM's
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

I just got this e-mail too and interpret it to mean that they will continue this free HD for us (For at least two more years) provided we continue to auto pay, keep the required access, and of course, continue to keep an HD receiver and HD access. If so, good going DirecTV!!
My setup (TV + DirecTV):
Master Bedroom: LG 32" 120hz LCD TV, GENIE Client
Living room: Samsung 46" 120hz LED LCD TV 7000 series, GENIE Master
Dedicated HT: Epson 8700UB projector with 150" 16:9 painted on screen and 180" 2.4:1 painted on screen, HD-DVR (HR22), Denon AVR-890, Klipsch Icon Front Speakers, Center Speaker, and Klipsch Icon Floorstanders for side and rear speakers (6 total floorstanders), subwoofer is BIC America V-1220 12" down-firing sub

#1987 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

I just got the email myself as well. I just checked and I had the credit on my last bill. Looks like I may not miss even a month with it. I guess directv has seen the light on this one!

AU9, SWM8
Panasonic TH-58PX60U, HDMI to HR44-100, Native, DD, HDMI to Pioneer VSX-1123-k Receiver, Harmony One, Networked with Ethernet Cable, 35/4 Mbps DSL.
Panasonic TH-42PD50U, Component to HR 24-100, Antec MX-1 w. WD10EVDS ESata, Native, DD, DTV Remote.
Panasonic TC-L32X2, HDMI to C41-100, DTV Remote.
Whole Home.

#1988 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Got the same email this morning.

#1989 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Same email here at 9:16 a.m. central.

It is very welcome news.:)

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#1990 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

I can state that there is no extension of this promotion and it doesn't exist anymore.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Having been down the "I'm just certain" with DirecTV road several years ago, I took absolute predictions out of my playbook.:)

Nothing is certain (not even uncertainty) with D*

At least in this case, it was to our benefit.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#1991 OFFLINE   ponchsox

ponchsox

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

So this isn't available for those who don't get the email?

#1992 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

So this isn't available for those who don't get the email?

Did you sign up for free HD as soon as it was offered?

I delayed a few weeks, and I believe I have at least one more free month on the original 24 months.

And, no, I didn't get the email either -- yet.

#1993 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,098 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

You can always call and try. You have to have HD service, be billed $10 for it already and have autopay. Those were the rules to get it back then and are still the rules. As far as I know the promotion ran out a long time ago but a friendly call to DIRECTV can't hurt.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#1994 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

My guess is everyone will get the email eventually. People just signed up at different times so depending on when their original 24 months ends they will probably get the email at different times. For example I was lazy and didn't call in until a month or 2 after they started adding it so my 24 months won't run out for another couple months. I expect I'll be getting the email then. If not I'll just call in and talk to them about getting it again.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#1995 OFFLINE   SparkyX

SparkyX

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

I received two emails from DirecTV with less than an hour between them. First was the "Your DIRECTV Free HD Confirmation" email noted above, and the second was a response to my inquiry about extending the free HD which says in part "...DIRECTV offers are available for a limited time and change frequently. The 24-month Free HD Access Offer is already expired...".

Right hand, meet left hand. I'll prefer to believe the extension email. :)

#1996 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

:mad::mad::mad:

I hope this is a sign of things to come though, with no monthly charge for HD across the board :D

But I can see the retention CSR's getting alot of work from the DBSTalk members wanting this deal :lol:

BTW I attached the PDF file :D

You mean Dish's HD for life?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#1997 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I received that email also. My latest bill was dated 5/3 and showed the credit (which was dated 2/1???). I had downgraded to the Entertainment package a few months ago and never lost the credit. I upgraded to Choice today, however.

#1998 OFFLINE   Tubaman-Z

Tubaman-Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Got the email today. Also today called and got some retention goodies - incl. free HD for a year. In case that somehow overrides the 2 year extension I have saved away the e-mail.

Kevin

My top 5 wishlist: 1) Free MRV HR to HR 2) Fix Channels I Receive so that it is accurate 3) > 50 SeriesLink 4) Usage of both internal and external drives concurrently 5) Support for other video providers as DoD (i.e. Hulu, CBS)   

DirecTV HR21-200, 2008 (DirecTV anniversary gift)
DirecTV HR20-100 (2TB eSATA), 2007
DirecTV since 1995

<><

#1999 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

I think our credit ends next month? So far no email, but I will be looking for it :D

#2000 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 564 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I received the same email yesterday and called today. My free HD doesn't expire till July. I was told to call next month and they would give me an additional 2 years.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...