Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can't get several HD packages....

swm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, but came over tonight & happened to read something I wasn't aware of. Am I understanding correctly that to get the fairly new last (8) HD SAT channels, you can no longer do so with the standard (2) dish set-up? For example, one of my dishes gets 110/119 & the other 61.5. I haven't been keeping up with the latest Dish news, but after reading this here tonight, I checked my SAT & couldn't get TruHD, Hallmark HD, E HD, BBC HD, Indiplex HD & 3 or 4 others. I read something here about having to give up my 61.5 & 110/119 & switch over to the 1000.4. Is this correct? FYI: I have the America's Top 250 along with the Gold & Platinum HD package & live in S.E. Texas.

Ken
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dish97

Dish97

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, but came over tonight & happened to read something I wasn't aware of. Am I understanding correctly that to get the fairly new last (8) HD SAT channels, you can no longer do so with the standard (2) dish set-up? For example, one of my dishes gets 110/119 & the other 61.5. I haven't been keeping up with the latest Dish news, but after reading this here tonight, I checked my SAT & couldn't get TruHD, Hallmark HD, E HD, BBC HD, Indiplex HD & 3 or 4 others. I read something here about having to give up my 61.5 & 110/119 & switch over to the 1000.4. Is this correct? FYI: I have the America's Top 250 along with the Gold & Platinum HD package & live in S.E. Texas.

Ken

New channels are on 72.7. (also 129 on WA) If you get your locals from 61.5, just reskew your D500 and point to 72.7. I did this rather than pay the $99 1000.4 upgrade. If you have the Dish service plan it will only be $15.

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

You're in the Beaumont DMA, which means that if you move to EA you're going to lose PBS at the very least.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,787 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Am I understanding correctly that to get the fairly new last (8) HD SAT channels, you can no longer do so with the standard (2) dish set-up?

The standards changed when Eastern Arc was introduced. Now there is a standard one dish setup ... either a 1000.4 pointing toward the eastern arc or a 1000.2 pointing toward the western arc. People needing international programming might need a 500+ Dish or 1000+ if they want internationals and HD. But most people want the regular channels which are all either western arc or eastern arc - depending on where DISH put your locals. One dish - unless line of sight issue require an odd setup.

#5 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

You're in the Beaumont DMA, which means that if you move to EA you're going to lose PBS at the very least.

Actually, the Beaumont/Port Arthur DMA is mostly Western Arc, the HD locals are on both 129 and 61.5. SD locals except for FOX and PBS are on 110. FOX SD is on 129 and 61.5 and PBS is only on 72.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#6 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

Ken

I have the same dish set-up as yours. I just signed up for Free HD for Life and cannot get Encore E HD. It's my understanding that Encore E is the substitute for Encore W which is not in HD yet. I got Encore E HD briefly when I had the 3 month free preview of Encore & HBO last year.

So is Encore E HD a separate feed for the 250 HD subs and not on 61.5?
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#7 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

Encore E HD is on 110 or 77 currently. But it's part of the HD 250 package.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

Protected By... spam firewall...And...