Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DTV View Billing Statement Online

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bk63ross

bk63ross

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

Is anyone else able to view there DTV bill online? Does DTV have a right to prevent us from viewing our monthly statement online?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

Of course they have the right to limit "who" views their bill online. They send your monthly bill by snail mail, at a cost of at least $1.00 (printing & postage, etc). For those willing to forego that mailing, they can sign up for online viewing of that same bill, thus saving D* cold cash.

The only reason I haven't signed up is that my wife never uses the computer, and thusly would never see any bills generated by any company using that billing method.

#3 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Is anyone else able to view there DTV bill online? Does DTV have a right to prevent us from viewing our monthly statement online?

Have had online billing for years. "Paperless Billing" is what they call it. Don't know what would make you think they don't or are preventing it in any way.

Lots of companies still do not do any sort of online billing. Online billing is not a right. If any company decides not to offer it, you are SOL.

#4 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

DirecTV used to let you view your bill online AND get a paper statement in the mail...but that ended a few years ago.

Now, if you sign up to view your bill online you agree to discontinue paper mailed bills. To my knowledge, DirecTV is the only outfit that makes you choose one or the other as I get a number of paper mailed bills and can also view them online if I so choose.

While it's fast and cheaper for the provider, I still find the Post Office to be more reliable than email with assorted so-called "spam filters" and server outages. When was the last time you didn't get a bill in the mail? As a result, I have opted for a paper mailed bill. As a bonus, you get the DirecTV newsletter in the mail also without having to search for it on their web site.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall