Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Alice in Wonderland 6/1/2010

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Has anybody bought the blu-ray of "Alice in Wonderland" yet? I did and it is an impressive bly-ray. The picture and audio quality is great. If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest that you check it out because it is pretty good. It is NOT for children under 8, though.

Got my blu at Best Buy for the price of 34.99. However, I ended up paying only $6.99 total price. 34.99-8.00 = the sale price of 26.99. 26.99 - 5.00 Reward Zone certificate - the 10 dollar online coupon from Disney - the 5 dollar rebate for organix products.

Here is the link for the disney coupon:
http://www.disneymov...ice100603_wdshe

and the link for the Organix rebate:
http://www.beautypur...D-Rebate_US.pdf

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

We watched it last Saturday night.
I agree, it was a good movie.

I had watched Wolfman the night before and found Alice to be much more entertaining.
Team Mexico Pork Cloud

#3 OFFLINE   ethanson12

ethanson12

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:11 AM

I watch the movie on the Blue ray . It is a nice and adventure movie . I like to watch the and the story of the movie is it is director Tim Burton comes an epic fantasy adventure 3D Alice in Wonderland, a touch of magic and imagination on some of the most beloved stories of all time. JOHNNY DEPP plays the Mad Hatter and MIA WASIKOWSKA 19-year-old Alice, who returns to the fantasy world she first met a young girl, was reunited with his childhood friends, the White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Dormouse, the Caterpillar, chat Cheshire, and of course, the Mad Hatter.It is a nice experiece to watch movie online.

#4 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

I watched the movie and enjoyed it. Hard to fault a Johnny Depp performance, the boy is just good. The movie was visually stunning and moved at a reasonable pace.

I wouldn't call it a GREAT film, but it is worth your time.
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#5 OFFLINE   emoxley

emoxley

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

Saw it at the Imax in 3-D. The 3-D was good, but not as good as Avatar.
I liked the movie too. Johnny Depp always plays weird parts. He was the perfect choice for the Mad Hatter........
1080p Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP
Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver
Oppo BDP-83 blu ray player
Polk Audio LSi9 front speakers
Polk Audio LSiC center speaker
Sony SS-MB100H rear speakers
SVS PC12-NSD powered subwoofer
Pioneer PL-514 turntable
Logitech Harmony 628 Universal Remote

Protected By... spam firewall...And...