Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Premier Package

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Registered
  • 323 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

I presently have Plus HD Dvr package, with HBO, Starz, protection plan HD Extra Pack. My current bill is $127.56.
My question:
I wonder what is included in the Premier package?
Would it be cheaper for me to change tot he Premier package?
Thanks for all your feedbacks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   scoop8

scoop8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

I presently have Plus HD Dvr package, with HBO, Starz, protection plan HD Extra Pack. My current bill is $127.56.
My question:

I've been a Premier sub since '99 and I've stayed with that pkg after looking into different scenarios to downgrade. I found that, if I want to keep certain movie channels, ie, Starz pack, etc, that I wouldn't save much $$'s per month by downgrading my Premier pkg. I haven't looked at the price structures recently though.

The other reason that I've stayed with Premier is that the "Sportspack" is included in the pkg, as well as all of the "SonicTap" music channels.
DirecTV Subs since '99 - Currently out of contract
Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
Dish: Slimline 5LNB
Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

#3 OFFLINE   St Louis Cardinals Fan

St Louis Cardinals Fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

I have the Premier package with everything you have ( 4 receivers HD/DVR) and I pay less than $20 per month more than you do.
St Louis Cardinals - 2006 & 2011 World Series Champions
HR20-700 ( using HDMI ) 1 TB ESATA
HR21-700 HDMI to 42 LCD TV (Vizo)
5 LNB , Zinwell 6 x 8
H20

#4 OFFLINE   Bofurley

Bofurley

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 323 posts
  • LocationKS

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:42 AM

Thanks, St Louis Cardinals Fan, with the 24 month offer of free HD, I changed to the premier package.
Since I am not signed up for bill pay, I did receive 6 months @$10.00, sctually when all credits were applied, I will receive $25.00 credit for 90 days, and after the 90 days are up, I will receive $20.00 for 90 days.

#5 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,749 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland, Pa

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

My question:

Depends on your how many rooms you have.
4 rooms of service, with DVR service and HD access will run you $147 (Plus taxes if any) for Premium pack.
Thats not including HD extra pack.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Digital HD Basic Plus, Cinemax,Showtime/TMC,Starz /Encore
Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 Inch

Tivo Mini Livingroom Vizio M602i-B3 60 Inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2  LG 26LE5300 26 Inch
Tivo Mini Bedroom 3  Element ELEFW328 32 Inch
Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4  Magnavox 32 inch

Arris Touchstone DG1660 15 Mbps down 2 Mbps up.

#6 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

For my family's viewing habits Premier is the only way to go.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#7 OFFLINE   AchillesFlame

AchillesFlame

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUrr anus

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

I currently work tech support for Directv, here is a basic break down of the costs without any discounts or taxes applied.

1.) Premier package = 129.99$ a month  and includes all Premium channels HBO, Showtime, Starz, & Cinemax. Encore is bundled in as well but cannot be purchased separate, ie ; Ultimate package, Xtra Package, etc. As well as all available sports channels aside from NFL Sunday Ticket, and normal HD and SD programming

2.) Advanced receiver HD services ~ 10$ a month (allows access to HD broadcasting) (required services for Genie Receivers)

3.) Advanced receiver DVR service ~ 10$ a month ( allows recording on capable receivers) (required services for Genie Receivers)

4.) Whole home DVR service 3$ a month ( allows you to share recordings from all HD-DVR capable receivers to other HD or capable receivers) ~ (required services for Genie Receivers)

5.)  Protection plan ~ 7.99$ a month, Gives you phone tech support, and Technical Service calls for all DTV devices including Dish, and remotes, saves a lot of money in the long run.

6.) HD extra pack ~ 4.99$ a month, Gives you roughly 10-15 HD channels, starting at channel 565

7.) Each Receiver ~ 6.00$ a month for each, & you get one free ie ; 3 receivers = 12$ a month

There are many different types of discounts that can be applied to the account, that will lower your bill depending on how long you have been a customer or if you are a new customer. Without taxes or credits your bill would be roughly 178$. If your bill is lower than someone elses or a little higher, it all depends on the promotion that was running at the time. It helps to call in and see what offers are available at the time, if you're a long time customer and feel as if you deserve a credit, call in and say you want to cancel, you will immediately be transferred to the CRG department, ( customer retention group ) they have more power to give 3-12 month credits for customers that think their bill is too high.

#8 ONLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,083 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:38 AM

You realize you're replying to a 4 year old thread?

• sangs likes this

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,654 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

2.) Advanced receiver HD services ~ 10$ a month (allows access to HD broadcasting) (required services for Genie Receivers)

3.) Advanced receiver DVR service ~ 10$ a month ( allows recording on capable receivers) (required services for Genie Receivers)

4.) Whole home DVR service 3$ a month ( allows you to share recordings from all HD-DVR capable receivers to other HD or capable receivers) ~ (required services for Genie Receivers)

7.) Each Receiver ~ 6.00$ a month for each, & you get one free ie ; 3 receivers = 12$ a month

That only applies to EXISTING subs,  NEW subs have a totally different price structure 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

This is an old thread so I'm going to lock it. There is a 2015 pricing thread that may be more appropriate.

DirecTV 2015 Pricing Thread Link

µß
Since it costs 1.66¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 3.32¢ worth.  That 3.32¢ is my own and not the 3.32¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...