Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Encore (channel 340) missing from my program guide

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

So i'm surfing through my guide and it seems Encore 340 is gone. I'm pretty sure it was there last night as I was surfing through the movie channels. All the rest of the Encore package seems to be there, just the main channel (and only one in HD) seems to be gone, anyone else notice this or is it just me?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

I still have it.

#3 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

I still have it.

Ok, thanks, i'll try a receiver reset at some point then.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Ok, it's not receiver specific, both my receivers don't have it, so it has to do with my account. Did a front panel reset and a check switch on my secondary receiver, neither did the trick, hard reset is tough to do on that one based on where it's plugged in. Haven't done anything with the primary receiver yet as i'm watching something that I don't want to interrupt. I don't seem to be missing any other channels from my top 250 plus HD plus Platinum w/ HBO and WWOR & WPIX.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,662 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

You will probably need to call DISH (or use their online live contact).
If you have the rest of the package you should be getting this channel.

#6 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

You will probably need to call DISH (or use their online live contact).
If you have the rest of the package you should be getting this channel.

Yeah, since there's not anything that i'm aware of that I want to watch on Encore tonight i'll probably let it go until tomorrow and see if the overnight program guide update makes it re-appear, if not i'll call tomorrow am.

#7 OFFLINE   Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, since there's not anything that i'm aware of that I want to watch on Encore tonight i'll probably let it go until tomorrow and see if the overnight program guide update makes it re-appear, if not i'll call tomorrow am.

I think encore HD went to the platinum pack along with palladia and Hd theater.

#8 OFFLINE   kalone

kalone

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

I think encore HD went to the platinum pack along with palladia and Hd theater.

No I canceled Platinum yesterday and I still have both SD and HD Encore. I have AEP

#9 OFFLINE   jpd31

jpd31

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

I too am missing Encore HD. I made a programming change to my account this morning. I removed HBO and Showtime from my account. After the change was made I lost Encore HD. I subscribe to the Top 250, so I should get it. I did a Dish Chat this afternoon and they could not figure out the problem. I posted this on SatelliteGuys.US forum and there are other people that are having the same problem.

If you go to Zap2It's website and look at your local listings for Top 250, Encore HD is not listed. I have looked at the guide info on the receiver and Encore HD is totally missing from the list. Encore SD is listed but in red.

Something Dish has messed up on since the June 3rd changes. There CSR's don't know of the problem when you talk to them.

#10 OFFLINE   willymac

willymac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

When I did a Dish chat last night, they said that it was an engineering problem and that they were working on it. She supposedly tried to reauthorize my receiver and I pulled the plug and let it reboot and still no Encore HD. So hopefully they get it back working.

#11 OFFLINE   jpd31

jpd31

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

When I did a Dish chat last night, they said that it was an engineering problem and that they were working on it. She supposedly tried to reauthorize my receiver and I pulled the plug and let it reboot and still no Encore HD. So hopefully they get it back working.

Well, that is good to hear that they are working on it. Wish they send out a memo to the rest of the CSR's at Dish so they don't waste the customers time to reauthorize and unplug the receiver. Was online with them for over an hour and still have no Encore HD.

#12 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

An engineering problem? Strange how it would effect just a few users then. Watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High this morning, and just getting back and Encore HD is still in the guide. Did they say what kind of engineering problem it was that would effect a few people?

#13 OFFLINE   willymac

willymac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:15 AM

No, that is all they told me and I'm pretty sure it was just to get me off their backs. From what I'm seeing is that it only affected people who made ANY change to their programming. I migrated from western arc to eastern arc and got my locals. That is the only change I made, some other people dropped platinum and/or other changes to still have AT250.

#14 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,127 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

Did anyone on the Western Arc lose 340?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#15 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

So i'm surfing through my guide and it seems Encore 340 is gone. I'm pretty sure it was there last night as I was surfing through the movie channels. All the rest of the Encore package seems to be there, just the main channel (and only one in HD) seems to be gone, anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I have it also.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#16 OFFLINE   TheShepherd

TheShepherd

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

Did anyone on the Western Arc lose 340?

I'm in Wyoming and I lost it when I went to free HD.

#17 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

I'm on Western Arc and it didn't magically re-appear over night either. Actually I didn't even remember about it until I was about to walk out the door for work so I haven't contacted them yet either. I'll try to remember when I get home tonight.

#18 OFFLINE   Chris24

Chris24

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

The Encore Channel is still on my guide.

#19 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

Ok just got off the phone and was told that the reason that I don't have Encore is because it's part of the the Starz package. I asked when that changed and I was told it has always been that way. I explained that I had Dish for over 6 1/2 years and that whenever I had subscribed to the top 250 or the Encore movie package I had always received it and that it had just recently disappeared over the weekend. I was told that I had must have been receiving it accidentally and that I should consider myself lucky that I got an extra channel that I hadn't been paying for. I pressed again and told him that you mean over all these years and all the times i've upgraded and downgraded my service, upgraded my equipment and not once in all those times it was ever noticed that my account was getting a channel I wasn't supposed to and my receiver kept authorizing me to receive it? Once again I asked are you sure this didn't recently change when they made the new changes at the end of last week. He assured me that it had always been this way and that the Encore movie package only included Encore West, Encore Western, Encore Action, Encore Mystery, Encore Drama and Encore Love (he didn't mention Encore WAM) and that Encore itself is part of the Starz package.

#20 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

Need to have Coldsteel, or somebody on the inside, weigh in on this one. I don't have Starz, I have never had Starz, I have always had Encore 340, with my 250 package, I have had the Encore East for as long as I can remember,and I still have Encore 340 in HD today. Now I do have the Platinum Package, and I did notice that on the webpage That Encore East(340) is no longer included in the AT250 package, and this is something new. All the other Encore channels are included though.
ENCORE (WEST)
ENCORE ACTION
ENCORE DRAMA
ENCORE LOVE
ENCORE MYSTERIES
ENCORE WAM
ENCORE WESTERNS

So we need to find out if Encore East is in Platinum and Starz.

spam firewall