Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Encore (channel 340) missing from my program guide

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

Need to have Coldsteel, or somebody on the inside, weigh in on this one. I don't have Starz, I have never had Starz, I have always had Encore 340, with my 250 package, I have had the Encore East for as long as I can remember,and I still have Encore 340 in HD today. Now I do have the Platinum Package, and I did notice that on the webpage That Encore East(340) is no longer included in the AT250 package, and this is something new. All the other Encore channels are included though.
ENCORE (WEST)
ENCORE ACTION
ENCORE DRAMA
ENCORE LOVE
ENCORE MYSTERIES
ENCORE WAM
ENCORE WESTERNS

So we need to find out if Encore East is in Platinum and Starz.

I have Platinum so it's not part of that apparently, but I don't have Starz. Like I said this sounds like a new development to me despite Dish's CSR (actually he was one from tech support) assurances that it's always been this way.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

I have Platinum so it's not part of that apparently, but I don't have Starz. Like I said this sounds like a new development to me despite Dish's CSR (actually he was one from tech support) assurances that it's always been this way.

Well I know for a fact it hasn't ALWAYS been this way, CSR, is reading from some list that was just updated, and saying it well since the new page has it this way, its always been this way. Sucks when you run into less than helpful CSR's.

#23 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

Well I know for a fact it hasn't ALWAYS been this way, CSR, is reading from some list that was just updated, and saying it well since the new page has it this way, its always been this way. Sucks when you run into less than helpful CSR's.

You know it would've been ok (well I would've been disappointed over losing a channel but I would've accepted the answer) if he had just told me that according to his current info that Encore is part of the Starz package and when I questioned when that happened if he just told me he wasn't sure but that's how it is now I would've been satisfied. For him to insist that is the way its always been though just sorta irked me.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#24 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

It may be part of the Starz package, but I don't get the Starz package and I'm receiving channel 340. I do sub to Platinum HD but I'm not sure if it's part of that package or not. I haven't seen it listed in the Platinum package.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#25 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

It may be part of the Starz package, but I don't get the Starz package and I'm receiving channel 340. I do sub to Platinum HD but I'm not sure if it's part of that package or not. I haven't seen it listed in the Platinum package.

I don't think, its part of Platinum package either, I was just saying what package I have to go along with, with 250 HD for life. Encore is part of the Starz Family, I just never heard of Encore East being in the Starz Package before. I did notice though with some of the recent changes, Encore East, is NOT showing up in the 250 package along with the other Encore stations.
What is also wierd is how most still have Encore East, and a few are missing it after the HD for life came out, and Platinum was back to be a stand alone package.

#26 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

From the channel listing pdf available here, Encore (east) is listed with the Starz channels, while all of the Encore channels are listed with "America's Top 250 with HD".
-GA

#27 OFFLINE   dishwater

dishwater

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

The dish website still lists Encore in the 250 HD package. http://www.dishnetwo...v/customer.aspx

#28 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

From the channel listing pdf available here, Encore (east) is listed with the Starz channels, while all of the Encore channels are listed with "America's Top 250 with HD".

That pdf also shows Encore E, included in AT 250/HD package, on the 2nd page.
Dish's website also shows Encore E in the AT 250 with HD. Really wierd.
Doesn't explain why some have it like always, and why some don't.

America’s Top 250
with HD +
America’s Top 250 includes all of America’s
Top 200 and the channels listed below.
indicates channels available in both standard
and high defnition. (HD-only indicates
channels not available in standard defnition.)
Biography Channel 119
Bloomberg Television 203
Boomerang SAP 175
Chiller 199
CNBC World 207
Discovery Kids 179
DIY 111
Encore (E) -HD only 340
Encore (W) SAP 341
Encore Action 343
Encore Drama 345
Encore Love 346
Encore Mystery 344
Encore Wam 347
Encore Westerns 342
BIO
BITV
BOOM
CHILR
CNBCW
DKIDS
DIY
ENCOR
ENCRW
EACTN
EDRAM
ELOVE
EMYST
EWAM
EWSTN

#29 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,515 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:17 PM

There is something odd going on with some people's accounts.

Encore East has been part of the Starz package for years.
Encore West was part of the AT250 package (and still is).
http://www.dishnetwo...de/default.aspx

Since the day Encore East was added as a HD channel DISH provided it to BOTH the "Starz! Super Pack" subscribers (and AEP customers) who pay for Encore East and the AT250 customers who pay for Encore West. A nice bonus as in effect they get Encore East without it being in the base SD package.

Perhaps that is what got lost when DISH rebuilt their packages last week. HD East being included with SD West at the AT250/HD250 level.

#30 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

There is something odd going on with some people's accounts.

Encore East has been part of the Starz package for years.
Encore West was part of the AT250 package (and still is).
http://www.dishnetwo...de/default.aspx

Since the day Encore East was added as a HD channel DISH provided it to BOTH the "Starz! Super Pack" subscribers (and AEP customers) who pay for Encore East and the AT250 customers who pay for Encore West. A nice bonus as in effect they get Encore East without it being in the base SD package.

Perhaps that is what got lost when DISH rebuilt their packages last week. HD East being included with SD West at the AT250/HD250 level.

It still shows Encore(E)HD, included as part of the AT250 w/HD, in every reference. Really wierd anybody with AT250 w/HD would lose it, and how its only effecting a few(at least so far) users.

#31 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

I was prepared to just accept that Encore (E) HD was just no longer included with my package but after seeing further evidence here that it should be including per Dish's own website it looks like i'll have to make another call and play another round of csr roulette.

#32 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,515 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

It still shows Encore(E)HD, included as part of the AT250 w/HD, in every reference. Really wierd anybody with AT250 w/HD would lose it, and how its only effecting a few(at least so far) users.

DISH added a "regional restriction" to Encore HD (and a few other channels) when making some changes on June 2nd that will affect Alaska and Hawaii. Perhaps that is what is not matching up.

#33 ONLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,094 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

Ok just got off the phone and was told that the reason that I don't have Encore is because it's part of the the Starz package. I asked when that changed and I was told it has always been that way. I explained that I had Dish for over 6 1/2 years and that whenever I had subscribed to the top 250 or the Encore movie package I had always received it and that it had just recently disappeared over the weekend. I was told that I had must have been receiving it accidentally and that I should consider myself lucky that I got an extra channel that I hadn't been paying for. I pressed again and told him that you mean over all these years and all the times i've upgraded and downgraded my service, upgraded my equipment and not once in all those times it was ever noticed that my account was getting a channel I wasn't supposed to and my receiver kept authorizing me to receive it? Once again I asked are you sure this didn't recently change when they made the new changes at the end of last week. He assured me that it had always been this way and that the Encore movie package only included Encore West, Encore Western, Encore Action, Encore Mystery, Encore Drama and Encore Love (he didn't mention Encore WAM) and that Encore itself is part of the Starz package.

The CSR is right. You must subscribe to STARZ to get ENCORE channel 340 in HD.. I know it sound nuts.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#34 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

DISH added a "regional restriction" to Encore HD (and a few other channels) when making some changes on June 2nd that will affect Alaska and Hawaii. Perhaps that is what is not matching up.

To be honest, I would have to defer to people like you, as I would have no idea. tsmarco, geographicly is pretty close to you, well at least on the longitude he is. Its just strange a AT250 w/HD user would lose Encore HD(I will say Encore HD from now on, as Encore West isn't HD, currently)

#35 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

The CSR is right. You must subscribe to STARZ to get ENCORE channel 340 in HD.. I know it sound nuts.

No I don't think the CSR is right at all. I only have AT 250 w/HD and get Encore, and have for years. Every Dish site, shows Encore E HD only, still included in AT 250 w HD.

#36 ONLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,094 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

You know it would've been ok (well I would've been disappointed over losing a channel but I would've accepted the answer) if he had just told me that according to his current info that Encore is part of the Starz package and when I questioned when that happened if he just told me he wasn't sure but that's how it is now I would've been satisfied. For him to insist that is the way its always been though just sorta irked me.

You can watch some ENCORE movies on RETROPLEX HD because STARZ also owns RETROPLEX HD, INDIEPLEX HD and MOVIEPLEX HD.

http://www.starz.com...plex/retroplex/

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#37 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,374 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

Has anyone dropped a note to ceo@ since this seems to be more than a problem for a single subscriber?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#38 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Ok just got off the phone and it took the CSR plenty of time of doing "research" while I waited on hold. This time I got told that I was indeed supposed to get the HD version of Encore E but not the SD version. Ok fine with me, it was only the HD version I cared about. Now she attempted to send a hit to my receiver but it wasn't working and ended up having her ask for my receiver #, smart card # and software version and told me she was referring my issue to engineering and that I should be expecting a call within 24 hours with and update.

#39 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

Ok just got off the phone and it took the CSR plenty of time of doing "research" while I waited on hold. This time I got told that I was indeed supposed to get the HD version of Encore E but not the SD version. Ok fine with me, it was only the HD version I cared about. Now she attempted to send a hit to my receiver but it wasn't working and ended up having her ask for my receiver #, smart card # and software version and told me she was referring my issue to engineering and that I should be expecting a call within 24 hours with and update.

Well at least they understand you SHOULD be getting Encore HD. Hope it gets resolved soon.

#40 ONLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,094 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Before 2008 & HD I had AT 200 which didn't have ENCORE you could order it ala cart for $5 per month. For
some reason ENCORE/WAM wasn't included. I always thought it was odd.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

spam firewall