Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Encore (channel 340) missing from my program guide

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

Before 2008 & HD I had AT 200 which didn't have ENCORE you could order it ala cart for $5 per month. For
some reason ENCORE/WAM wasn't included. I always thought it was odd.

For as long as Encore east has been HD, Channel 340 has been included with the AT250 w/HD. You recieved all the Encore's that way.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

For as long as Encore east has been HD, Channel 340 has been included with the AT250 w/HD. You recieved all the Encore's that way.

Don't you have AT 200? Or am I mistaken? Just curious.:)

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#43 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:47 AM

Don't you have AT 200? Or am I mistaken? Just curious.:)

No I have AT250, have for sometime. I add HBO and Showtime every so often, but drop them often too. I don't think I have referenced anything but AT250 anywere in this thread, if I did it was a fat finger, mistake.

#44 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,216 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

So they said they'd call me back in 24 hours it's now over 36 and still no Encore HD and no they haven't gotten back to me. Well if I don't hear back by tonight it might be time to give that ceo e-mail a try. It's ceo@dishnetwork.com, right?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#45 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

So they said they'd call me back in 24 hours it's now over 36 and still no Encore HD and no they haven't gotten back to me. Well if I don't hear back by tonight it might be time to give that ceo e-mail a try. It's ceo@dishnetwork.com, right?

Right, and be sure to include both the phone number associated with the account and a daytime phone number, and you might want to refer them to this DBSTalk thread to indicate that there are many who have this problem. (I've hyperlinked the blue text so all you need to do is copy and paste).

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#46 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

Right, and be sure to include both the phone number associated with the account and a daytime phone number, and you might want to refer them to this DBSTalk thread to indicate that there are many who have this problem. (I've hyperlinked the blue text so all you need to do is copy and paste).

Thanks, will do.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#47 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

No I have AT250, have for sometime. I add HBO and Showtime every so often, but drop them often too. I don't think I have referenced anything but AT250 anywere in this thread, if I did it was a fat finger, mistake.

I've got AEP now since September. That's probably why I get ENCORE ch 240 HD. I read a few months ago STARZ will add ENCORE West ch 241 HD at some point.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#48 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

Ok well I never did hear back from anyone at Dish, but the important thing is that as of this am Encore HD is back! :)

#49 OFFLINE   willymac

willymac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

still no encore HD for me, i guess I'll chat in again later on this evening

#50 OFFLINE   willymac

willymac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Well after chatting in, they rehit my receiver and now I have it once agian. They tried to do it about a week ago or so and it was unsucessful. Now if I could just get my local Fox station to come on, I'd be set, but thats a different subject.

#51 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

I have AT250 (SD), no premiums and I don't think that I have ever had 340 (ENCOR), but I do have 341 (ENCRW) and all of the other Encore channels (342-347).
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#52 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

I have AT250 (SD), no premiums and I don't think that I have ever had 340 (ENCOR), but I do have 341 (ENCRW) and all of the other Encore channels (342-347).

340 is only included with AT250 w/HD. Some people, with HD and AT250 lost thier Encore340 when they flicked the switch to free HD., Why I don't think anybody has discovered.

#53 ONLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I chatted asking why my Ch 340 disappeared (after I switched from Starz to Showtime), thinking I was grandfatherd with Absolute to get Ch 340:

(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: When did you drop starz?
Tom: Yesterday
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: The issue is that the encore movie channel, is no longer part of the Encore package.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: The encore movie pack is 341-346
Tom: I never subscribed to he Encore movie package, channel 340 was part of the Absolute HD package
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: I'm sorry, the channel is only a part of the Starz movie package
Tom: How come many of your other subscribers (on Absolute) still get channel 340?
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: No sir, sorry for the confusion.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: I noticed it is listed on the Website, but it is not part of the package
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: That is why it is missing
Tom: I was "gauranteed" to get all the Absolute channels. I have a channel listing from your website of the "Absolute channels and Encore -E HD is on the list
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: I'm sorry for the confusion. We are working to update the Website as soon as possible and I completely understand your frustration, I would be upset too if advertised.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: The starz pack is the only with 340
Tom: This is a list from 2 years ago, your site will not show this today. It's part of the "Absolute" package from what I understand.
Tom: Many customers are still getting channel 340, and many had it just "disappear"... see here: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=178775
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: DBstalk.com
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: That is not even our website sir?
Tom: That's where many of your customers go to find out what kind of problems you are having, this is one.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: Try this link to see the channels.
The agent is sending you to http://www.dishnetwo...ng/default.aspx.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: That is our link for the packages.
Tom: I'm not interested in what you currently offer. I only want the channels I was promised in the "Absolute package" (that I have grandfathered)
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: Can you please press the menu button on the remote followed by 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), then 3 (System Info) and tell me what is listed in field E? (If Warning 504 appears please select yes to access the system info screen.)
Tom: RXX XXXX 4075-XX
Tom: and SXX XXXX 1887-XX
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: Thanks
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: Give me a moment to confirm what happened
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: As of 6/3/10, all the packages we have, were affected by the company wide change. the way it worked was that, the channel 340, is now only part of the STARZ movie package.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: Since you don't have starz, that is why you don't have that channel anymore.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: I would be happy to add it for you?
Tom: No thanks, I just dropped it yesterday. I guess being "grandfathered"to Absolute doesn't mean anything.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: You were grandfathered, but the issue is not that.
(24DrDep) Edgar S.M3Q: channel 340, is now only part of the STARZ movie package only
Tom: OK

#54 OFFLINE   DJ Lon

DJ Lon

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Did anyone on the Western Arc lose 340?

Yes. I went through over an hour of CSR technobabble/rebooting/hold, please, etc. last Tuesday and still no 9505/340. I called back today and CSR saw notes on my account and said I need a new smart card. About an hour later 9505/340 mysteriously appeared. I haven't called back...yet.

UPDATE: Called Dish back, told 'em had 9505/340 now...they still insist on smart card replacement.

Edited by DJ Lon, 12 June 2010 - 06:52 PM.
update

Dish Network sub 4/2005-7/2010 · DirecTV sub 7/2010-present · HR34/700 (on 5th replacement, 2014),
HR24/500 (orig install, 2010), HR24/100 (equip upgr, 2011), HR24/100 (equip upgr, 2014) · Yes, 11 tuners! biggrin.gif

#55 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

So, if you have AT250, HD for Life, Platinum+HD, when DISH gave everyone HD for Life their wonderful engineers screwed up and dropped Encore HD East. And if you want Encore HD East again, you have to beg and plead with a CSR in India or the Philippines, who thinks they no English, to try to get a channel back that you are paying for? Is that correct? And DISH wonders why they are losing customers. Several months back; it was almost like an Act of Congress to get BET HD, and a couple of other HD channels (even though they were part of the package, the CSRs claimed up and down it wasn't). Back then it was all the different package color names that confused CSR's, what is it this time?

Not that I watch Encore East HD a lot, but the ideas of playing the CSR game gets old after a while.

#56 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

...you have to beg and plead with a CSR in India or the Philippines, who thinks they no (sic) English, ...

This is the risk you take when you belittle people from other countries. :)

#57 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

you have to beg and plead with a CSR in India or the Philippines, who thinks they no English, to try to get a channel back that you are paying for? Is that correct?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#58 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good laugh at a person who is visually impaired and made a typo. I made a typo and I have severe nearsightedness. I did not see the typo before I sent the message. It goes to show the insensitive people on this blog.

And by the way, I see each job in India and the Philippines, as one unemployed American over here. So, I typed "no" instead of "know"; its that a crime?

#59 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Good laugh at a person who is visually impaired and made a typo. I made a typo and I have severe nearsightedness. I did not see the typo before I sent the message. It goes to show the insensitive people on this blog.

And by the way, I see each job in India and the Philippines, as one unemployed American over here. So, I typed "no" instead of "know"; its that a crime?

You'd think before making a nice, pejorative statement like you did that you'd have at least double-checked it. Aw, I'm insensitive. Well so are you. I'm Indian.

Well, not really. But see how we can both play the game?

Get back to the topic at hand. More time talking about Encore, less time slamming phone reps.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#60 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

I just signed up for "Free HD for Life" and was expecting to see Encore 340 HD since it's PUBLISHED as being part of 250HD (since they don't carry Encore West in HD they have been giving 250HD subs 340 in HD only and 341 in SD).

Well I too was not getting 340HD so I called tech support (my first call was on the day after "free HD for life" was first offered to existing subs). It did not take much convincing to prove that I was supposed to get the channel, and had actually received the channel in the past when I had 3 free months of Starz/Encore w/HBO a year ago.

When the tech failed to make it happen, they said that they were going to escalate the problem. I patently waited a week and then called back last Sunday. This time the tech did all the same things, but in a different order (pulling the plug first before running a check switch to force a download of the guide data) did the trick.

BTW: I believe the problem stems from the actual channel number 9505. That channel was not showing up in my guide, not even in the red (I keep my guide on "All Chan" so if it's not there it can't map down to 340).

What I don't understand is why other premium channels (SHO, HBO, Starz, SHOCS to name a few) do show up in the 9500's in red while others don't unless you subscribe.

I also don't understand how that chat person could make a blanket statement that 340 HD is no longer in 250 or absolute.

Edited by Michael P, 15 June 2010 - 12:04 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...