Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

H2X: Does Changing Coax cables require a reboot to get MRV working?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

I have a H23 connected with several HR2x's and yesterday I swapped out it's coax cable (from my wall plug to the DECA) with one with better connectors and I noticed that after I connected the new cable, I had no MRV service (regular DirecTV service was fine). I had to reboot the H23 to get MRV back up. Is this normal? Is there a trick to get a H2x to get MRV back up after a cable swap without a reboot?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jasonki32

jasonki32

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

You shouldn't have to reboot. It takes a few minutes for the receiver to see the other receivers. So if you had waited a few moments it should have came up.
HR24-500 Sony 46" LCD
HR24-500 Samsung 52" LCD
HR22-100 Sony 46" LCD
HR21-200 Sony 27"LCD
SWiM16 + DECA

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,695 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Guess this might depend. If you're using DECA, then this can be affected.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Anyone know what the "rescan" interval is? Most of users will probably default to a reboot instead of being "patient". :-)

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,961 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

I suspect it is shorter than the time it takes to reboot and download the guide info. If you have a static IP address (or DHCP with addresses reserved by MAC address) it could be there right away. I switched my HR21 from an ethernet connection to my router to using a DECA adapter and everything worked right away.

spam firewall